wrong size items sent

coachrubear
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know where else to turn. I was under the impression that pay pal protected buyers. I ordered underwear of sz 3xl and was sent size Large. I paid in good faith $ 23. When I opened the dispute the seller offered me $ 3.18 ??? Pay pal then claimed that the items sent were not sufficiently incorrect and denied my claim. I was willing to pay to ship back just so I could get the right size. I now apparently have nowhere to turn and wonder if anyone can help me.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@coachrubear 

Paypal buyer protection is not a 100% insurance policy, it gives you 'some' protection.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute the item has to be 'significantly other than described'.

Your best bet is to read up on their buyer protection policy so you can risk assess your transactions.

1. If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if your card issuer will chargeback for you?

2. Private legal action against the seller if thats an option in your country.

3. Appeal...

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mcmanohands
Contributor
Contributor

I get that PayPal is not a 100 percent insurance policy but if they allow vendors to misrepresent the size of clothing etc they are condoning, at the very least, bad business practices.  It allows vendors to get rid of stock that isn't selling well or that they have too much of it in stock.  I received size 5 shoes when size 7 were requested and PayPal informed me that they weren't materially different.  That doesn't seem like a logical position to take.  Do they have the same practice with clothing?  Getting a small when you ordered a large would be fine, I'm guessing.  Another lesson learned late in life.  People that offer you protection aren't always on your side.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mcmanohands 

Item has to be significantly other than described, so if you bought a shoe and got a shoe you may well lose the dispute BUT you still have the option of a legal claim in something like the small claims court if thats available in your country to pursue the seller privately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mcmanohands
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, for me, the whole point of having Paypal was to protect me from disreputable vendors, otherwise I would just use my credit card, followed by small claims court etc.  Taking court action to recover under a 100 dollars is considered, by most, a waste of time.  I now understand that Paypal is not there to protect me but rather a recorder and purveyor of financial transactions.  I will now modify my online business to exclude them.  Of course, I will do my best to educate other friends, family and consumers to do likewise.  It's a small impact, if any, but I can't, in good conscience continue to do business with a company that claims to be a protection for the consumer but acts in benefit of disreputable sellers that have many complaints lodged against them for similar actions.  Selling the wrong sized goods to people and denying any type of exchange is bad business practice, at the very least.  Stay away from JKY Network Technology Co. Ltd.  They are a Chinese company with no exchange or return policy and Paypal knows this.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

JKY is defiantly a scam company, and some one somewhere should do something to stop them!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.