wrong product, why am I paying for the shipping to return the item?

Sfryoux
Contributor
Contributor

I have an issue! I purchased an item in May, in July I started a dispute because I had not received my item. I ordered a bread machine, the seller sent me an air fryer. Now the seller and PayPal say that I have to pay to return the item to the seller- it is going to cost me $100 to send it back to China. This is not fair to me as a paying customer. The refund should be made immediately, this seller should be looked into and the seller should have to provide a prepaid label so I can return the item. Resolution center is a joke, I have been back and forth with the seller through that since July. I paid $129 for a bread machine and received a $45 Air Fryer. I have tried talking to someone through customer service but due to COVID, they are unable to assist me. How are others dealing with issues like this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lynner
New Community Member

I also feel I should not pay for the shipping back to China.  They put an item out for sale and then sent me something entirely different and now I am supposed to pay to return their bait and switch.  I don't feel that is at all fair.  If this is how paypal wants to do business I will take my business else where.

I cannot even comment back on the claim site, the address to send back to is written in Chinese, can't read it, and paypal is letting this happen.

Login to Me Too

Sfryoux
Contributor
Contributor

This is on PayPal policies "If you're returning an item because it isn't as described in the listing, the seller is responsible for return shipping charges, regardless of the seller's return policy." Why is Paypal not standing behind their policy? I have been trying to chat with them online (since 9 AM CST) here it is almost 2 PM CST and i have talked to 8 different people. I just want to talk to someone on the phone, instead of wasting my time with the "chat online" and we will wait 2 hrs to respond Bull SH**. (so sorry I am beyond frustrated) and even more frustrated that PayPal seems to be in favor of the seller who **bleep** up, instead of punishing them and forcing them to pay for shipping, and giving a refund. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.