wrong product sent

pardy
Contributor
Contributor

My case was found to be in favour of the seller. I haven't got my purchased product yet. I bought an automatic hair curler and got a small black plastic box. I don't even know what it is. I received an email from paypal on the 26/08/2020 asking for more information. I sent pictures straight away. surely someone looked at the pictures I thought paypal was safe. What can I do now?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DonGerhardt
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund of $55.88 from PayPal from a "Wrong Product Sent Scam". It took a while but Pay Pal finally responded positive. I ordered a grill on 5/20/20. PayPal gave the Chinese supplier Bridery the $55.88 the same day. I never received the grill. I filed a dispute case with PayPal on 6/23/20. The supplier sent a few face masks that I did not order instead of the grill. PayPal contacted the supplier and the supplier falsely gave PayPal the tracking # for the facemasks as evidence that the grill was shipped and received. PayPal denied my case on 7/30/20 and told me my merchandise was delivered.

I filed a theft report against PayPal and the supplier with my local police department. I had my local post master retrieve the photos of the package going through the USPS distribution center.  The small package was for the face masks and not the grill that the supplier told PayPal about. My postmaster told me of a recent scam where a customer ordered a TV from China and received face masks.

PayPal was difficult to communicate with however I was persistent. There was no way I could send PayPal the photos from the USPS. I think I got PayPals attention by using this "Community". I think someone from PayPal monitors the "Community" activity to help control bad publicity.

PayPal made the correct decision to refund my money. I was very upset. I planned to escalate the fraud by visiting the Chinese Embassy in Wash DC,  communicating with the President of China and complaining at the PayPal annual meeting.

I has wasted over $1000.00 in labor trying to get this resolved. 

I use PayPal for my business and never had a problem before. Every thing had always been outstanding until this China fraud attempt.

My recommendation is don't give up. You are doing everyone a favor by identifying and stopping fraud.

I have been to China a number of times and the people are nice and honest who I met. It is just a few bad apples who are doing a disservice to their countries citizens.

Don Gerhardt

Login to Me Too

pardy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. That was a great answer. I have received my refund. Went to the online messaging and kept answering no, no, and I want to talk to a person. A person got back to me and stated that I didn't supply evidence. Told her she was wrong and sent her the pictures I had originally attached. Also stated that Paypal had miss represented and had falsely advertised their policies and that it was against the law in Australia. I soon received an email stating I had received my refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.