wrong item sent from china

cowboyfan1
Contributor
Contributor

around the middle of august i ordered a ergonomical gaming chair from a seller a confirmation email and tracking# were sent after time to get item passed i contacted seller and they said give them 10 more days to resolve issue i get package 11 days after conversation and it was not at all what i ordered .i expected a medium size box but what i got was a small white envelope with some kind of cloth folded up in it.i again contacted seller and his  the answer they gave is i need to ship item back to china at my expense and if they determine i damaged the cloth they will not fully reimburse me?shouldn't i be covered under paypal from crap like this why should i be liable for extra expense to send a cloth back and i still may not get my 23.98 refund??someone please help i am so upset and all i can do is wait for paypal i cant even add the latest comments from the seller to my complaint??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cowboyfan1 

Wait for paypal to decide on the dispute and if they do then they usually tell you to send it back trackable and that way as long as tracking shows delivery you should get a refund. 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cowboyfan1
Contributor
Contributor

sounds as if i am gonna get the raw end regardless?i don't understand why i should have to take a loss for a item that is so vastly different from what i ordered?i paid shipping and handling when i bought the item now i should be expected to pay again just to get a refund?i read reviews and it is obvious this seller has done this before  when other reviews said they were sent a piece of cloth and was told to return it undamaged for a complete refund,if they found any damage to to this piece of cloth you would not be receiving a full refund?this is a obvious ripoff.i guess the only option ihave left is to wait and hear paypal tell me the same info that was in the reply from community.i wonder how many people are aware you have to file something before you file a complaint to get help being reimbursed for shiping expenses?i have been buying using paypal for well over 12 years and the couple of times i have had issues i always got my money back.not talking about a lot of money it is just the principle that someone can be allowed to obviously rip people off and get away with it.i am very dissapointed but oh well thank you to the person who sent in the only reply.doesn;t seem i will get my 23.98 back guess i will just give up using paypal if i cant get protection from what is a obvious ripoff

Login to Me Too

cowboyfan1
Contributor
Contributor

this is suppose to be a ergonomical gaming chair??gaming chair 2.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.