why is my account suspended?

markusupa
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the message I received:  Is there any way to get more information on why my account is suspended. I would like to avoid this in the future if I choose to open a new PayPal account.     However at this time, I believe that PayPal will be loosing my business.    I am now a CashApp$ fan and CoinBase.    If this is the way you operate, without any details, then PP can **bleep**.    You can't use PayPal anymore

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

Reference ID: PP-L-266046204030

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@markusupa 

There is no using PayPal in the future, PayPal chose to no longer offer services to you at all. You can’t open another account. It’ll be cross referenced and banned as well. No one here knows how you behaved with your account so you’ll have to speak with customer service if they are will to tell you. Just know that your use of the account was not consistent with PayPal user agreement (not following their policy in some way) and is the reason for the ban.

If you’re into btc/crypto and selling it privately, that could be a reason.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@markusupa 

There is no using PayPal in the future, PayPal chose to no longer offer services to you at all. You can’t open another account. It’ll be cross referenced and banned as well. No one here knows how you behaved with your account so you’ll have to speak with customer service if they are will to tell you. Just know that your use of the account was not consistent with PayPal user agreement (not following their policy in some way) and is the reason for the ban.

If you’re into btc/crypto and selling it privately, that could be a reason.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

markusupa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks - I spoke to customer service.  They said to use a link on the site in the legal area under AUP and I never could find it.   My understanding seems to be they will not likely tell me anyways.  Just seems strange to get an account blocked, and then not be told what I even did wrong, and an odd way to conduct business and inspire consumer confidence, knowing that anyone can have their account banned and never know the reason.

I'm over it.     Been a PayPal user for 15+ years.   Thankfully there are many other solutions on the market now for personal movement of money.

Login to Me Too

Dan2021bautista
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal band my account to use it and I have still money on it.. imagine my own money I can't use it.. this apps just want to rob me? I scam my money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.