what next or am I just out of luck (and $64)

mdl5155
New Community Member

I filed a dispute for an item I payed for but never got. The buyer never confirmed the transaction, never sent me any notification of any kind, and would not reply to any emails. I did have a tracking number but it never showed up as a valid tracking number. I finally one day received a notice from the USPS that my item had been delivered. I did not get it. I contacted the post office and they said it had been addressed to, and delivered to, a completely different address I had never heard of. Same zip code, a Google map search showed it was about 10 miles away, so I drove there and talked to the people who lived there. They were very nice but said they had not gotten a package with my name, or any package containing what I had purchased. The USPS said case closed, contact the seller and Paypal said case closed because the item was delivered. The seller (in China of course) still will not answer emails.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mdl5155 

Thank you for taking time out in using Community Forum as your means of communication with PayPal as our phone lines are currently closed due to unavoidable circumstance brought about by this pandemic Corona Virus (COVID19). I'm so sorry to hear that you lose your case but all is not lose anyway what you can do right now to file an appeal. How does it goes, well you just have to contact our customer service and request to reopen the case.  What's gonna happen is that once an appeal is on progress we will be giving you time to submit compelling evidence to support your appeal such as a document coming from USPS, i know that due to security policy USPS would probably not supply you such vital information but what can you ask is a document stating  that the tracking number is not associated really associated on your address.  Reopening a case is done by our customer service representative. I know that you'll be asking as to how would i get hold of a customer service representative since phone lines are not an available options right now. Well, PayPal find a new ways to assist our customer and this is via Chat.  How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and once log in you may go to your Message Center wherein you can find the Chat Support option in which you could interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page their is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent. In case you are still having a hard time trying to get hold of our representative you may try it at a later time when this pandemic is over and we are back in full operation.   Hope that i was able to assist you on this matter.  Stay Safe and God Bless.

**** If you find my post very helpful. Don't hesitate leave kudos or accept this as a solution *****

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.