very bad seller and an unfavorable resolution

lexarella
Contributor
Contributor

on feb 17 i ordered a drain plug from Gadgets Group.  over a month later, still no drain plug.  i emailed seller and asked what the deal.  no reply.  so around 4/1/21 over a month later, i emailed again and told them forget it and to cancel order and refund.  no reply as usual.  4/5/21 they suddenly send me tracking info for an order i had canceled.  to this date i have not opened package.  paypal in their infinite wisdom decided in favor of the seller as he sent the tracking info even after i had cancel and over 4 weeks later.  i want to say, to this date, i have not had any reply from the seller.  if paypal would have read the emails i sent to them, they would have seen how this company conduct business.  it is totally unfair to any buyer to cancel and then days later packaged shipped.  this is what they presented to paypal and proof.  if they allow something like this what is to stop any seller form shipping things out a year later and them sending paypal proof of shipment.  totally unfair.  you know had this company even messaged me and told me im sorry, things are running a bit late please understand we are moving as fast as we can....i would have understood.  instead, you get zero, 0, nil, nada communications from this company.  is there any way to appeal this paypal decision? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lexarella 

Paypal covers you for....

1. Item not received.....you received it.

2. Item received but not as described.....you haven't opened it so you don't know.

Anything else is between you and the merchant you chose to purchase from to sort out between you.

Also once a dispute for non receipt is opened the seller only has a certain amount of time to provide trackable proof of delivery before the dispute is closed in the buyers favour if they do not. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lexarella
Contributor
Contributor

ok, i understand what youre saying, however, is it ok for seller to send item after 4+ weeks of non shipment and no communication? also they shipped item days after i ask them to cancel order.  after all this time i already bought item elsewhere thinking seller was a scammer and took the money. 

as far as sorting out....seller never replied to any of my emails.

i can accept your answer but i dont have to like it

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lexarella 

I can only give you the facts, you can like them or not it matters little to me, I just took the time to respond to your post so........you're welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.