vango group scam

Richie461
Contributor
Contributor

If there are multiple complaints against this company (<Removed>) why would paypal allow them to make transactions with their clients?

I was also scammed by this company, paid for expedited shipping,  no phone number listed, no email response, no product received. 

Login to Me Too
208 REPLIES 208

Amanda-mur
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same thing. Little tiny rolls of God knows what but it’s not Charmin toilet paper. Live and learn. PayPal will not help.

Login to Me Too

GRPilot
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck. I received the same useless product, not the Charmin toilet paper that was advertised. I filed a claim with PayPal, so far the response has been accepting a $10.00 refund. Of course I refused it since I paid $59.99 for Charmin. I want the product I ordered or a full refund. 

Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
Lol, only offered me $5. I refused also ! Absolutely ridiculous PayPal is allowing this to drag out. Similar incident filed with Amazon yesterday from purchase on Amazon was fully refunded in less that a day !
Login to Me Too

Gigi649
Contributor
Contributor

Offered me $8.  I paid $40 for these little things.charminpp.jpg

Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue, PayPal said too bad. They sent something 🤬🤬
Login to Me Too

blueal1976
Contributor
Contributor

Same experience here. So I could theoretically advertise 48 rolls of Charmin toilet paper, take the money from a customer, send them 1 square of toilet paper and keep the money because I sent something?  If the buyer files a dispute I can offer a partial refund or make them pay even more money to send the square of toilet paper back to me?  Repeat this process thousands of times and PayPal will allow me to get by with it?  Not that I would ever do that of course, because I am HONEST and not a CRIMINAL!!!

Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
Of course you wouldn’t, but you explained it exactly like it seems to be really happening. I’m still waiting for this last round of bs to see if PayPal has awakened to reality yet. I’ll keep you posted.
Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
I share this : icuOklaCity Contributor ‎Jan-15-2020 01:24 AM Re: DID I GET SCAMMED Well, after researching the history of Paypal and these types of scams, it is fairly clear that Paypal is not only making money of these type of scams, but most likely are actually running these scams and using these bogus companies as front to mask their involvement. If you look at Paypals Buy Protection and refund policies, alone with their Seller Protection and the fees associated with using PayPal as a seller, you can clearly see how Paypal is using this and other scams as a revenue generating vehicle that is bilting untold millions from their customers that their online commerce business is setup to protect.    Ebay and  Paypal are own by the same company, and has the identical "Buyer/Seller Protection Policies. With Amazon, AliExpress cutting into Ebay's business  while Apple Pay, Google Pay, Square and other smashing Paypal's business it looks that both companies are turning to fronting "scams" as a business model to generate  part of their companies revenue. As the very same "scams" are becoming common on Ebay. I've have bought stuff from Ebay for 15+ years and not 1 single time had I ever bought that was a scam. That was until Dec. That’s when you’ll notice numerous ads for the same product from different companies all at once.   All these "scams" seem to have a few things in common that once you know what to look for makes them fairly easy to spot. (Until they change things up). 1st. is the item for sell is will be under $50 US. This price will be a "good deal" and the normal price of the same item would be double if not more. 2nd is the Company/website contact information is only a email address. No customer service number. And no company address listed. 3rd. Free shipping  which just makes the deal look that much better. 4th. You will not receive an email with any tracking information useable. Their tracking will consist of saying “in process” or “ in transit” with no change for months. Then if that item arrives,it will not be anything close to what you order and is worthless. All these work into PayPal/Ebay business model on how to make money upfront and on the backside off scams they front. With the item cost below $50 they have figured out that large percentage of the customers who get scammed will decided it's not worth the hassle after reading all the hoops you have to go though to get a refund using their Buyer Protection.  So say if that's 70%  of the people that got scammed, their money lost is free money to PayPal /Ebay who front these scams. So the other 30% who open a case to try to get a refund, the first reply from Paypal/Ebay will be to offer you less than 50% and you don't have to ship the junk item you received back.  Again whatever percentage accepts that is giving PayPal/Ebay free money as they only have to refund less than half of the money that they scammed you out of in the first place. And to the rest who refuse the less than 50% refund will now be offer a 100% refund only after you return the item to some place in China and you must pay for the shipping . Once you provide a tracking number (something you never got from seller) You money will be refunded in 5-30 business days. But here's the catch. They shipping will be $35-$45 to return a item that you paid under $50 dollars for. So PayPal/Ebay are counting on you refusing to pay to ship the item back. Once you do that, they will close the case and will not issue a refund. At this point its' straight 100% profit for them and they never spend a dime to make untold millions...... 
Login to Me Too

MartaPontillo
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing with me, I can’t understand why PayPal sided with them and closed my case stating they took the merchants word I had received the merchandise. Who is more fraudulent PayPal or Vango? Both in my opinion. They keep doing business with Vango. I am closing my account with PayPal for good.
Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
Both are equally at fault. And, throw Facebook in on that fraud against us, also. Try contacting the Internet Crime Complaint Center. If enough of us will, maybe something good will come out of it 🤷‍♀️
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.