unusual activity on my account resulting in negative balance

Aimee96
Contributor
Contributor

I have had some suspicious activity on my paypal account which has resulted in it going in to a negative balance. I had some unknown people transfer money in and out of my account which i reported and thought i had sorted out but it happened again resulting in my negative balance! can i have my balance restored as before this activity happened it had no money in it.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Sriraj

Hi @Aimee96

I am sorry to know that you have had unauthorized charges. If you have reported the unauthorized charges, PayPal will investigate the claim. If the claim is decided in your favor, the negative balance due to unauthorized charges will be resolved. Otherwise, you will have to add balance to PayPal and resolve the negative balance.

You can report unauthorized charges to PayPal right away and wait for the outcome of your claim. It is strongly recommended that you change the PayPal password and security questions to safeguard the account. 

Sriraj

Login to Me Too

Aimee96
Contributor
Contributor

i reopened a case but it didn't resolve anything and money continued to go in out, i've changed my password and security settings. I just want my negative balance to be restored back to 0

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Chethan

Hi again, @Aimee96,

I understand that you have reopened the case but the issue is not yet resolved. I certainly understand how concerning negative balances can be during the instance of unauthorized transactions. The best way to get this issue addressed is by contacting our Support directly by any of the following means.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of PayPal's pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

You can also send us a Personal Message from our official Facebook or Twitter pages. It's https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.