unresolved claim

calva1
New Community Member

I responded to a facebook add for a Halloween holographic projector .  the cost was around $30, but if you bought 2 then they were around $26 each.  I bought 2.  when the package arrived (from China) all that was in the package were some white screens (basically white sheets).  when I ask the seller about this they say this is what I purchased.  I checked their add again and it clearly says holographic projector.  under that in much smaller and lighter font said something about projector screens.  This was an obvious case of misleading and fraudulent sales.  The seller would only refund 40% of the total cost, so I filed a complaint and then escalated to paypal.  They "got involved" and "resolved" the issue.  I would get a 100% refund once I returned the item (to CHINA!).  this of course is cost prohibitive.  paypal has marked this resolved so I can't communicate directly with them now.  What do I do?  what are my options?  I'm very disappointed in paypal.  they obvious don't provide the type of consumer protections that a credit card does.

In case it matters, I had a credit in my paypal account that I used for this purchase.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.