unfairly closed case

dnikoloff
Contributor
Contributor

Good day everyone,

I had a case where i ordered suitcases through social media and paid by Pay pal. The seller provided tracking number so everything seemed fine till i received the item which was just wristband. Having contacted the seller he apologized and promised to send the suitcases the same day. Another tracking number was provided,which having been checking for three weeks and more there has been no movement of the item. Then i contacted the resolution center and i was advised to send back the wristband in order to get refunded. I did so and i found out that having arrived on the spot the item was not collected by the seller in several delivery attempts. After all this the resolution center have closed the case stating that there has been no evidence of delivery.

In overall i lost 59$ however i am asking could it be another scheme of cheating buyers. It seemed that everyone can benefit from this as the seller declare a sell of something expensive,then cheap item is sent and when the buyer refer this matter to Paypal he is advised to send it back and will be refunded upon a proof of delivery. What happens if the seller in purpose doesn't collect the item sent and like this he keep the payment. 

How can i deal with this, please advise.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dnikoloff 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns...if available in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

douziko
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing you can do !!!!

It appears that dishonest companies, especially from China, find a yay to manipulate PayPal.

I have cheated twice totaling 250 Euros.

Thanks, PayPal

Fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on you... PayPal !!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dnikoloff 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns...if available in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dnikoloff
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the info.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.