unfair dispute

chxnel
Contributor
Contributor
I recently bought a $230 dress from a seller, the seller described the dress in “perfect condition”, however when I received it, there were many obvious stains on the dress, I reached out to the seller and she was quite rude and wouldn’t issue me a partial refund to dry clean the dress as it’s 100% silk. So I escalated a dispute with paypal in which it was resolved in the sellers favour even though I provided images of the damaged dress. Apparently the item wasn’t considered as “significantly” not described.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @chxnel 

Hope all is well.  I'm so sorry that the case was closed in favor of the seller.  Now my question is, on the seller website does it say this dress is Brand New?  If yes and you have proof that it says on the website that it is brand new then by all means ask for the reopening of the case and file an appeal and this done by our customer service representative.  Now i know you will be asking how will can in touch with the customer service since phone lines is not an available option at this moment in time, well they can be reach via email or chat. 

How?  

Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which they can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Note: There's a slim chance to get a timely response as we are in skeletal staff due to emergency.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving  kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.