undelevered cat tree from Orderplus International Limited

reenee
Contributor
Contributor

on Jan 27 2019 I ordered a "Unique trunk and grass style cat tree."  I gave it more than enough possible time to arrive .  on  3/25/2020 I sent a notice that I hadn't received anything yet.  I got no response .  Got any ideas? I don't want my money back.  I want my tree!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@reenee 

Sadly no one can force a seller to send you your item.

However if its coming from China you may regret ordering it.

You should be able to open a dispute to get your money back though if you want to? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ladycpo
Contributor
Contributor

If you never received it, be glad. PayPal should give you your money back. I received 3 small pieces of wood that look nothing at all like what I ordered. They would not give my money back unless I returned the item I received with tracking. The cost to return the items with tracking to China is $76. That is $25 more than what I paid for the items I received. The whole thing is a scam. It was fraud. They had no intention of sending the item in the photo they posted. I am disputing the charge with my credit card. I will not order anything that doesn’t come from the United States. 

Login to Me Too

EmilyDawn89
Contributor
Contributor
I also ordered a “unique trunk and grass style cat tree” / “red mushroom color”, and it arrived two months later. However, it was NOT the cat tree. Like the person above me, it was a few little pieces of light pink wood and a little dollar store fish toy, altogether maybe 6 inches high. I have been disputing the $45.88 charge with PayPal for a month now, and they want me to file a report with the police or FBI before they issue a refund. It’s ridiculous. If you search “unique trunk and grass style cat tree”, you’ll see there are many “shop” websites selling the same for similar prices, and I would guarantee they’re all working together / a scam. One even lists it for $600. The shop I was scammed by was called “GJA Shop” (gjashop.com), and that particular website has now conveniently been offline since I filed a complaint. Their “customer service” rep has also been harassing me via email for 5 weeks now, offering a “4% refund”. It’s infuriating but I guess PayPal isn’t willing to do anything about it, even though I’ve spent thousands through PayPal and never once requested a refund in the past.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EmilyDawn89 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.