unauthorized withdrawal

pookie17116
New Community Member

Someone withdrew money from my account from a walmart today. Ive already contacted paypal and they told me to go to walmart and speak to them. well i did, but it did not happen at that specific walmart. How do i go about finding out which walmart it was and then going from there to get my money bcak?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pookie17116 

Check the PayPal transaction details, surely it will list which Walmart the withdraw came from. (ie. a store number).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @pookie17116, @sharpiemarker,

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Forum! Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear about this recent unauthorized activity. @pookie17116, just to make sure, did you file a case with PayPal? Unless a case is denied, we wouldn't normally recommend speaking to the merchant (Walmart) that the unauthorized activity occurred through. 

If you did not file a case with our Customer Support, please call them back and ask to file an unauthorized case on this transaction.

Best of luck,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

DennisC5
Contributor
Contributor

This same thing has happened to me.  Paypal nor Walmart can tell me where the unauthorized transaction occurred.  I have proof that I was not at WalMart at the time of the transaction.   Paypal customer service is saying that this was 100% me and have been unhelpful.  I have disputed this charge multiple times and do not know how else to show paypal this was not an authorized transaction.

I am ready to take legal action if necessary. @PayPal_JonK   

Can I talk to someone who can make a difference?  

Login to Me Too

sanwar0k9
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Dennis and PayPal, This exact exact scam happened to me and I have filed opened a case. I’m out of the country and this is unauthorized and I have proof because I am physically not in the United States or any Walmart in the country. PayPal is breaching their claim that their customers identity and money is protected with $0 liability in case of theft and unauthorized transactions.
Login to Me Too

DennisC5
Contributor
Contributor
@sanwar0k9 If you have proof then your case should be on your side. My problem is they closed my case even though they said they would wait for my proof. Now they won’t accept it and are threatening to take me to collections. I am considering contacting a lawyer for a class action lawsuit against PayPal as this security breach or being able to hack then empty without trace a user account is unacceptable. Would you be interested if I do contact an attorney?
Login to Me Too

sanwar0k9
Contributor
Contributor
I’m still out of the country and they closed my first case and opened a second one and agreed with me that there was unauthorized but the case doesn’t say anything helpful and it’s closing without any details. I will be interested in that law suit because I never opted in any cash withdrawal services at Walmart and this is happening to too many people. I encourage everybody to make an effort and reply to this thread and similar threads and I do not feel safe through PayPal and Walmart.
Login to Me Too

sanwar0k9
Contributor
Contributor
Called PayPal for the third time after they closed the case with comments saying unauthorized transaction and covered by PayPal. When I called they said the case is denied because it’s consistent with your transactions. The rep said she’ll investigate the case and let me know within 24 hours. This is a pattern where they want you off the phone and then there’s no progress. They don’t even want any proof and seems like they are consistent with the same exact description. I’ve reported this at ic3.gov as well. I’m sensing that PayPal and Walmart know that there’s a huge security lapse and they want to admit it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.