unauthorized transaction

brookdecost
Contributor
Contributor

I had a company charge my card $100.00. I've never even heard of this company so I called them and they said they have had a lot of other people calling saying there pay pal cards are being charged from them as well. She said they were speaking with pay pal about the issue, she also took my info. I emailed pay pal because it won't let me dispute the transaction and still have not heard anything from pay pal. Is there another way to report an unauthorized transaction?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brookdecost 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

If its not showing in your paypal account then you may have paid as a guest buyer so call your card issuer to chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

brookdecost
Contributor
Contributor

no i don't have a subscription with them. as I stated in the post the company has been getting alot of complaints about this same issue, its some kind of scam. i tried to report it as an unauthorized transaction however because the charge is pending it won't let me do anything. i've messaged pay pal 3 times now and still no reply. the said company said they can't do anything other than work with pay pal to get it figured out. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.