unauthorized monthly donation - paypal sided with thieves

mr052019
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I found myself in an awkward situation: 

1.i made one-time doanation to a charity 'ifcj' via paypal, so my account was charged on that day.

2. Surprizingly I was charged a month later for the same amount. Apparently the cahrity had a hiddenor u-noticeable checkbox to malke the doantion 'monthly'. That never was my intention, so I contacted the charity. they never replied.

3. A month later, my ccount was charged for the third time. At that time I asked PayPay to intervene, and to reverse teh UNAUTHORIZED transaction.

Note: The charity was clearly notified on step '2' that I did not approve nor agree to any payments to them, except the step '1'.

4. Paypal considered the details just given above, and denied my request. Effectively, my money was just stolen - and Pyapal sided by thieves, robbing me of my money.

Question: Is there any way to escalate the case and get my money back? Are there arbitrage or court options available? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.