unauthorized charge

jthorup
Contributor
Contributor

May 27th at 2:45 in the morning a purchase was made with my credit card through PayPal.  

5/29/2018 Withdrawal @ CA <removed> PAYPAL <removed> ($63.49)

I did not purchase anything!!!!  I called PayPal the referred me back to Ebay, they referred me back to Paypal an hour and forty five minuets later. ARRRR.  I guess a sellers account was hacked and somehow they got my credit card numbers.  The seller said Ebay told them it was resolved.  Maybe for him but not for me, as that money has been taken out of my account!!!.  So now I have no idea when and if I will get my money back, I have not received from anyone a commitment that I will receive my money back.  I have called my bank and reported the fraudulent purchase and cancelled my credit card.  I have looked into the resolution center about my report, there is nothing there!  Something is terribly wrong.  I guess my Ebay purchasing days are over.  I am just grateful no more money was taken out of my account for other fraudulent purchases.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jthorup

1. A seller would not have your c.c. details if you paid via paypal.

2. Did you file an unauthorised transaction dispute in your paypal account for that transaction?

3. If you did and lost then you could do a chargeback via your card issuer.

4. If Paypal managed to get a refund for you it would go back to that card so don't remove it from your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jthorup

2. Did you file an unauthorised transaction dispute in your paypal account for that transaction?

4. If Paypal managed to get a refund for you it would go back to that card so don't remove it from your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jthorup
Contributor
Contributor

I was told to cancel my credit card.  What good would it do to leave my card active in PayPal only to maybe have more fraudulent purchases made.  I did #2. 

#3 Just filed so I have no idea.

#3 I cancelled my credit card on advice from Ebay.  

@kernowlass wrote:

@jthorup

@kernowlass wrote:

@jthorup

Login to Me Too

pjfickel
Contributor
Contributor
Similar problem for me, purchase was made using my PayPal yesterday... Been looking for help since, the resolution center denied my claim that it was unauthorised and is still taking 340$ off me, I do t even have that much money on my account What do I do now? I already sent the seller in this case a email about it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.