unable to progress through account restriction

seller404
Contributor
Contributor

(standard business account)

Ok this is just getting silly now.

Many times i've tried to call today, but the call keeps being dropped by the stupid IVR.

To remove a restriction on my account i have to provide details of the director and share holder, but as soon as i try to submit the form , it simply says "something gone wrong". See (redacted) screen shot below.

This bug has existed for the last 2 months with no changes. Despite many calls.

ffs-paypal.jpg

I've called up on this issue a number of times, starting nearly 2 months ago,

I cant phone paypal today, as there system appears to be broken.

I've got my customers money sitting in my paypal account, which i cant withdraw until this issue is fixed.

I really need to get these invoices paid, yet i cant access my paypal money.
This could cripple my business.

On a side note, this form is retarded. It asks for my nationality , but it doesn't have "Brittish" as an option, so i have to pick "united kingdom", how odd.
No one from England,Scotland,Wales or Northen Ireland would describe them selves as of the nationality "united kingdomish", we, from the isle of Britain, are Brittish, not UKish or any other made up term. It says as much clearly on each of our passports recognised the world over.

Second retarded point: the forum requires i provide a 'street number', as well as a 'building number', so i just entered '0' for my street number. I've never known of anyone to have a street number, i'm guessing this is a northern american thing?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@seller404

Only paypal can help you with this one, you just have to keep trying to contact them.

However Great Britain comprises of only Scotland, England and Wales.

However the UK includes Northern Ireland.

So you open a UK paypal account so everyone is included.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

seller404
Contributor
Contributor

People from the British isles, are British, they are not United Kingdomish or United Kingdom's
This does not matter where in the Isles you live. Your nationality doesn't change.

I could live in any British overseas territory, and my passport would still say "nationality British".
Do you see how stupid this is getting with PayPal, I could be British, and not live in the United Kingdom, yet i have to lie on my details by picking United Kingdom, due to their website.
At no point in history has any Briton been referred to as "united kingdom nationality".

As for the rest of it ? 
I finally got through on the phone system, the super friendly UK based call handler confirmed their phones were down most of the morning.

Due to some kinda weird internal website error, they are going to take my documents from paypal.com/il/uploaddoc and do it manually as the website is indeed broken, he also shared my comments on the web form being wrong as "well, that's an american company for you..."

process is due to take "up to 4 days..." so i gues we'll see if the manual review team can get this done on time,

or i'll be faced with using my personal credit card to pay invoices for stock that left for a customers address weeks ago.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.