unable to get further refund on closed case

Davespud
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to paypal regarding transaction in April to this day have not received goods. I've had to raise a dispute with this seller as I was charged too much for order finally got difference refunded closed case now cant get £28.24 which I paid for goods not received because case is satisfied by paypal.

paypal advised me to go through bank but bank wont entertain it as not card purchase so I guess I am going to be out of pocket.

I wonder how many more people haven't received the goods or a response from seller.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

FikiS
New Community Member

I am absolutely disappointed in PayPal at this point.  Filed a complaint that went straight to the seller (not well communicated from PayPal's side that the messages go to sellers first), the seller asked to "patiently wait a bit more", I waited because it doesn't say anywhere that you cannot file a separate complaint if you end up not receiving the item. 

The items never arrived, CAD 120 out of pocket, escalated to PayPal, case closed because they only "refund transactions for the items that have not been received/significantly different from what described".  I write back asking if they read the fact that I had never received the items.  Case closed again.  Talk to a rep over the phone, she says we have the case and to file an appeal again.  File an appeal again, case denied again.  Another rep says pretty much too bad-so sad, the seller tricked you into waiting.  

It does not say anywhere that we cannot open a new claim against the seller.  This is a ripoff and I am absolutely disappointed in how PayPal handled this.  The seller closed the store in the meantime.  PayPal asked to go through my bank, but banks don't cover PayPal issues. 

PayPal is not following it's own User Agreement and is not disclosing full information while advertising buyer protection, and I will look into this further. 

Just so everyone knows, if you want to steal some money from people, do it through PayPal and you'll be good.  They'll take the thief's side. ❤️  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

FikiS
New Community Member

I am absolutely disappointed in PayPal at this point.  Filed a complaint that went straight to the seller (not well communicated from PayPal's side that the messages go to sellers first), the seller asked to "patiently wait a bit more", I waited because it doesn't say anywhere that you cannot file a separate complaint if you end up not receiving the item. 

The items never arrived, CAD 120 out of pocket, escalated to PayPal, case closed because they only "refund transactions for the items that have not been received/significantly different from what described".  I write back asking if they read the fact that I had never received the items.  Case closed again.  Talk to a rep over the phone, she says we have the case and to file an appeal again.  File an appeal again, case denied again.  Another rep says pretty much too bad-so sad, the seller tricked you into waiting.  

It does not say anywhere that we cannot open a new claim against the seller.  This is a ripoff and I am absolutely disappointed in how PayPal handled this.  The seller closed the store in the meantime.  PayPal asked to go through my bank, but banks don't cover PayPal issues. 

PayPal is not following it's own User Agreement and is not disclosing full information while advertising buyer protection, and I will look into this further. 

Just so everyone knows, if you want to steal some money from people, do it through PayPal and you'll be good.  They'll take the thief's side. ❤️  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.