unable to file a dispute on a wrong charge

darlingrazana
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I tried ordering something off of urban outfitters & upon checking out I thought the payment was successful because I received an email confirming my transaction. But then the page on urban outfitters says that something went wrong & that my payment did not go through, either I would have to try again or use a different payment method. Even if I checked my orders on the site, it was not there. So I tried to check out & order again using PayPal, and this time it was successful. But now I'm charged twice for the same order. I just want to file a dispute or cancel the payment for the original order, but the resolution center says that I'm 'unable to file a dispute for this transaction.'

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@darlingrazana wrote:

Hi, I tried ordering something off of urban outfitters & upon checking out I thought the payment was successful because I received an email confirming my transaction. But then the page on urban outfitters says that something went wrong & that my payment did not go through, either I would have to try again or use a different payment method. Even if I checked my orders on the site, it was not there. So I tried to check out & order again using PayPal, and this time it was successful. But now I'm charged twice for the same order. I just want to file a dispute or cancel the payment for the original order, but the resolution center says that I'm 'unable to file a dispute for this transaction.'

Click "report a problem" on the initial payment transaction and there should be an option for reporting duplicate charge. If that fails, contact the merchant for a refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.