unable to appeal a dispute

diver51
Contributor
Contributor

Hello - 

Very straight forward dispute which Paypal has closed my case on as a seller and i am not able to appeal??

i bought a bike on ebay for my wife. the size was NOT presented on the listening so i messaged the buyer direct who then stated the size. 

i then purchase the bike, pick it up by collection ( i didnt double check the measurement) brought the bike home to find the size was incorrect to the sellers message. 

where do i stand? paypal have closed the case.....

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@diver51

There is no purchase protection on local pick-ups.

13.4 Conditions for reimbursement

You may be reimbursed under PayPal Buyer Protection for a problem with a purchase only if all of the following requirements are met:

1. Your purchase is an eligible purchase. Purchases of most goods and services are eligible (including travel tickets, intangible items such as rights of access to digital content and other licences), except for the following transactions:
    1. purchases of real estate (including, without limitation, residential property);
    2. purchases of any interest in a business (including, without limitation, any items or services forming part of a business or corporate acquisition);
    3. purchases of vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats), except for personally portable light vehicles used for recreational purposes like bicycles and wheeled hoverboards;
    4. payments on crowd-funding and/or crowd-lending platforms;
    5. purchases of custom made items (unless they are claimed to be Not Received);
    6. purchases of goods and services prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy;
    7. purchases of industrial machinery used in manufacturing;
    8. purchases of items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, stored value items such as gift cards and pre-paid cards);
    9. purchases of goods and services using Zong, Website Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal;
    10. Personal Transactions;
    11. gambling, gaming and/or any activity involving a chance to win a prize;
    12. payments made in respect of financial products and investments;
    13. payments to state-run bodies (except for state-owned enterprises) or traders acting on mandates received from state-run bodies;
    14. donations;
    15. purchases of items which you collect in person, or arrange to be collected on your behalf (including at a retail point of sale) and which you claim to be Not Received;
    16. payments made in respect of gold (whether in physical form or in exchange-traded form); and
    17. PayPal Mass Payment transactions.

Edit:

Hmm, actually, what case did you file? Not as described? Or Not Received? If you file a SNAD, you may have a case to reopen.

Contact customer service for assistance to reopen case:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

diver51
Contributor
Contributor

so basically i have no leg to stand on even when the seller is advertising or messaging incorrect data/description?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@diver51

Read my Edit in above post.

You'll might have to ship the bike back then with tracking number. Otherwise, it would be difficult for PayPal to know confirm you returned the item or not.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

diver51
Contributor
Contributor

crazy - do not agree with that. you could be advertising all kinds of false information via ebay only to find its wrong/damaged/wrong size/ faulty/fake etc after getting it home even if you have picked it up yourself. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.