trouble with resolution centre

TasBlakey
Contributor
Contributor

I started a claim for a refund because a seller did not send my purchase and did not reply to emails, when Paypal contacted them the seller supplied a shipping number and th ecase was closed. But all I received was a cheap usb cable not the $93 USD car jacks I purchased. I am aware that this is most likely to be a scam seller but I cannot re-open the dispute claim because the resolution centre keeps saying the claim against that seller has been closed.

All I want is my money back which this seller has stolen and Paypal seem to be enabling this theft

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TasBlakey 

x1 dispute per transaction and you used it up on non receipt.

However paypal may use its discretion and open up another one for you if you contact them and don't accuse them of theft !!

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TasBlakey 

x1 dispute per transaction and you used it up on non receipt.

However paypal may use its discretion and open up another one for you if you contact them and don't accuse them of theft !!

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TasBlakey
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @kernowlass ,

I ended up getting in contact with the help centre and the claim has been re-opened.

I toned down the rage too!!

Was just frustrated that this has gone on for ages and wasn't happy that paypal just closed the file without trying to determine whether it has been properly resolved.

It seems the seller has found a loophole in the dispute system - promise big and don't deliver but deliver little if found out and it goes away!

Anyway I'll wait and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.