trouble with claim dispute

jaxqld
New Community Member

I recently purchased 2 x hang drums which took 2 months to arrive.  I had paid express so should have arrived in 2-3 days (November 2020) so put in a claim mid December to say I had not received them.  I finally received the drums on Friday and instead of being 2 x 40cm drums with accessories, they were 2 x 12cm drums with no extras.  These were absolutely tiny and not what I paid alot of money for!  In the meantime (that day) I tried to send Paypal photos and details of what had arrived but my emails kept popping back and could not add to the dispute so set up a separate dispute.  That was rejected as they had already received from the seller proof I had received the drums.  Anyway Paypal has a totally useless system that you cannot add information and they do not check with the purchaser to make sure they are happy before paying out the money.  What are my options now as both Companies are at fault??  Jackie

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jaxqld 

Did you not ''change'' the dispute from non receipt to not as described before the dispute closed?

If not then you are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.