transaction excluded

norberto15
Contributor
Contributor

Good day ,
could someone please help me.

less than a month ago I paid for the services of a fraudster who no longer even communicates with me, he is not fulfilling his obligations as we have agreed.

I filed a dispute with paypal and received an answer: Case closed: transaction excluded from the protection program

they didn't even want anything from me, no info, they just closed it right away

where should I go, whether paypal covers fraudsters

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@norberto15 

How did you send the money ie which paypal option did you select when sending?

How did you fund the paypal payment ie which funding source?

Which dispute did you open?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

norberto15
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I didn't have enough money to paypal to learn, so the money was automatically withdrawn from my credit card.
I chose the option: payment to a friend, so I still do it

I do not know exactly what dispute I opened: but I proceeded as in the past
here is the answer from the center:
Thank you for reporting this case. After reviewing your case, we noticed that the reported transactions were unauthorized and are therefore not covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection Program.
Case details
Reason for dispute

Unauthorized access

Case status

Closed

Report date

October 30, 2020

Login to Me Too

norberto15
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know maybe I did something wrong please advise me how to get back I can get the money.

the seller no longer communicates with me and has my money

Login to Me Too

norberto15
Contributor
Contributor

how can I contact paypal directly, because I can no longer submit a new complaint on the same payment, it is not possible, paypal will not allow me to

writes that there is an error on the page,

It is also interesting that I do not know how to enter into this dispute at all, they just closed it right away

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@norberto15 

Thanks for the information, I can now give you the correct advice, not all good unfortunately.

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.
You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction but that would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.