totally different item ,useless item received

Salec12345678
Contributor
Contributor

i purchased a stainles dish drainer 45cm x 65cm ,the seller sent me a plastic one 20 cm x 15 cm.after claiming to paypal my claim was denied and in favor of the seller, pay pal asked me to tuurn it back that cost me 20$ ,without assuring me the refund of the shipping ,also the return adress (seller adress ) was in chinese ,to be honest the paypal decision was a mistake ,from now on i will using paypal till this issue is solved,,,this is the item i purchased andIMG_1097.jpeg20 CM.jpg the item i got , 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Salec12345678
Contributor
Contributor
That’s exactly what happened to me and this really makes me angry that pay pal still on the side of this scammer ,this seller use a strategy , he wants you to send back úsenles item and the shipping you’ll pay just forget it , also the address is in Chinese ..but it makes me mad is that pay pal got the 2pictutes and still supporting this seller.i decided not to use PayPal till this issue is fairly solved

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie1265
Contributor
Contributor

My elderly mother REALLY wanted a new rug.  She asked me to help her set up a PayPal account specifically to buy this rug, she was so excited!

The seller gave PayPal a fake tracking number so they would release the funds to them.  After a couple of weeks with no word, we try to contact the seller.  They give us a different fake tracking number.  Then they refuse correspondence again.  After we file a dispute, they try to blame slow shipping on COVID.  UPS – 45 days?  No not even close.

As we are nearing the end of the resolution time, mom finally receives a package with the CHEAPEST printed Blanket.  NOT the PLUSH area Rug she ordered, But a low resolution, thin, cheap blanket.  We returned it to them in the original packaging.  They received it in 5 days USPS.  I provided valid tracking information proving they had received their ill advertised merchandise. 

Then PayPal denied her claim!   The seller now has the merchandise and they have my moms’ money with PayPal’s assistance and approval.

I NEVER dreamed PayPal would assist thieves.  We were all under the impression they were a safe site.  NEVER.  AGAIN.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Salec12345678
Contributor
Contributor
That’s exactly what happened to me and this really makes me angry that pay pal still on the side of this scammer ,this seller use a strategy , he wants you to send back úsenles item and the shipping you’ll pay just forget it , also the address is in Chinese ..but it makes me mad is that pay pal got the 2pictutes and still supporting this seller.i decided not to use PayPal till this issue is fairly solved
Login to Me Too

rm_comment
New Community Member

Same here,  received totally useless item, opened paypal claim, Paypal requested a report from local police. I have sellers name only in chinese writing, no address, total value is 25$. Paypal decided in favor of this scammer. Just saw the same item again on Facebook.....  Same pictures, but different seller name.....   Shame on Paypal and Facebook.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.