too good to not be a scam website.

BigBillSD
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased something with paypal as a guest and am 99% sure I was duped based on what a friend showed me afterward.   <Removed>   It comes up on google searches for stuff with too good to be true prices.     I checked out via Guest, so this morning I added my other email address to paypal hoping I could see the transaction.  Hopefully it will show up.  I also sent and email to paypal explaining what is happening.    

The site really looks legit.   Green lock, although I just found out those are not extended validation anymore so the green lock that has always made me think I'm on a site that is legit is not so anymore.  All they validate now is they own the domain.  (I used to run PKI for very big company, and getting EV certs the first time was a long process)  

Anyway,  the only way you see the great deals on <removed> is if you google something.  Searching on the site does not find the item that came up on a google search.  But you are able to buy stuff via paypal.   If you follow all the links on the site it all seems legit to me.  Even the verbiage through out looks excellent.   Be careful out there.   (I also found another probably scam site called <removed>, but I am not totally sure they are fake yet)  I have left a voice mail for the president of the company that processed my visa payment on that site.   I will wait on his reply to determine if I got scammed there too.   (I found his name and address via the <removed> site)   Who knows, maybe someone in his company is running a scam without them knowing. 

-Bill

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Audirs3
New Community Member
Getting an ev cert now is easy. Anyone can do it and ALL the scam sites have them. It's not like it used to be. Ev cert means literally absolutely nothing. Hope you get your refund.
Login to Me Too

MikeVT2003
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me today on joepretty.com. Ordered something and the PayPal link was legit. I’m shocked that they have a PayPal link and seller account with PayPal even though they are a scam site. Makes me not trust PayPal anymore. My transaction said “shoe repair” on PayPal and PayPal is being a pain about disputing the charge. I’m stopping payment with Visa. Very upsetting.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.