toby deals. com safe?

Rush1984x
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have experience with this site ? I just bought a smartwatch from them for £217 usual price £349 I USED MY CREDIT CARD VIA PAL PAL , i was told im safe if i use paypal anyone bought from them and have i got a good deal or have i been scammed.

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

Rush1984x
Contributor
Contributor
I expected as much , like I said mine was processing for days , they have a crappy service but the prices are insanely cheap , happy to hear you got it at last 😊
Login to Me Too

Nickym333
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

no they are not safe at all. If you see the reviews about them you will see. I bought an Olympus TG5 tough camera from them. It arrived with the pixels blown. Incredibly they blamed me saying there were scratches on the camera casing despite it being a tough camera! Cutting a long story short they held my camera to ransom demanding I pay £130 for repair when it wasn’t even my fault. There is no customer services number. They never answer your questions straight or explain themselves. Thank God I got my money back on my credit card insurance otherwise I would be £300 out of pocket. They supply foreign goods from Hong Kong, damaged goods and fake goods, hence the cheap price. They run the gambit that you will give up the claim as you have no say at all when complaining.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I hope that you are one of the rare people who actually get a proper product! 

Login to Me Too

browar
New Community Member
I bough motorola and get information I will have shiping details soon. After few days I wrote them email becase no traking info. They reply to me after 1 month with the traking information saying my item was deliver: Recive by:RIV ,Deliver to:Shop , Delivery addresd: London. Any details where was send or if that was for me. No my name no address nothing saying was my parcel. Pay pal close the case on seller faver because they provide traking number and saying was deliver... Where and was deliver I dont konw... No phone no money. I appel to paypal... Lets see. Not worted !!!
Login to Me Too

Hasnat
Contributor
Contributor

When the company's website indicates that they are in the UK and are actually based in Hong Kong where the national trading standards do not apply to them then that is reason enough to not shop from them. They sell refurbished goods under the guise of them being new so that's the first act of deceit on their part. I was able to find out because I purchased a Surface Book and it had faults. Upon contacting Microsoft and providing them with the serial number, I found out that the unit I bought was refurbished and intended for demonstration purposes in US/Canada and was not meant for sale, hence no support. Toby's Deals refuse to acknowledge problems with your purchase and offer next to no support. If you make a claim through PayPal, they know ultimately you will have to send the goods back all the way to Hong Kong and pay for the returns costs and this can take up to a month and your money is held in jeopardy. So, the answer is: No Toby's Deals is not a safe option. They do have cheaper prices (again refurbished goods which you think are new) but I would rather purchase from within the UK in future for piece of mind knowing from places like John Lewis who offer 2/3 years warranty and yes they are a bit more expensive but I know I would get full support should there be a problem. I have had an awful experience with Toby's Deals and would urge anyone to not trust them with their money because afterall, it does not grow on trees. 

Login to Me Too

Rush1984x
Contributor
Contributor
Even though I had a good experience with them and my watch cost me £100 cheaper then the shops and looks and works perfect , I won't use them again as I was worried sick waiting for it to arrive , it's not worth the risk imo . Unless it's something cheap
Login to Me Too

Dob1
Contributor
Contributor

I completely agree. I ordered Motorola Moto G6+ on 16 July. The phone did not arrive as it was lost during the delivery. Tobydeals didn't refund me in line with their policy on missing items. They didn't even respond to my e-mails or apologise.
I hope I'll get my money back via PayPal guarantee.

Login to Me Too

baregills
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered a Samsung Gear 3 watch on Sunday 18th March. Then I saw the reviews on here and elsewhere and began to worry.

Nothing happened until Tuesday when I got a shipping notification. The watch was delivered today (Wednesday 21st March) and it is perfect.

I rate the service for me as excellent in all respects.

Login to Me Too

Rush1984x
Contributor
Contributor
Glad to hear your purchase went well
Login to Me Too

Shamasriaz786
New Community Member
I have no idea if they safe or not but i can assure you if by any chance you get faulty product you will cry same as me. I bought go pro hero 6 came faulty i told them the problem and guess what they said return you item to us you have to pay for postage ok fair enough but then we will inspect your item if its repairable we will tell you how much will it cost and return postage once you pay we will then repair your product or else if its not repairable we will issue you new product or refund. This is brand new product problem with memory card slot that is not something im responsibale for but anyway please beware of them they are from china not uk in that case we cant do anything.
Login to Me Too

ISOMORPH
New Community Member

I purchased A Nintendo Switch under the impression it was a UK site as the domain was co.uk, I checked after I ordered and found out it was in China and read about people having problems with tobydeals. I got abit worried, it took 2 days to receive a tracking number and the parcel to be dispatched, then the parcel arrived 3 days after. Which I thought was very fast as there were no additional postal charges. The item is genuine and in perfect condition. I got worried over nothing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.