tastecard

md5858
Contributor
Contributor
why does paypal add 3rd party billing authorisations without confirming with their customer. Tastecard is a rubbish product which discounts restaurants that normally have better discounts elsewhere and are just chains .Then they steal £35 the following year and you cant get a refund
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@md5858 wrote:
why does paypal add 3rd party billing authorisations without confirming with their customer. Tastecard is a rubbish product which discounts restaurants that normally have better discounts elsewhere and are just chains .Then they steal £35 the following year and you cant get a refund

Hi @md5858,

PayPal will never setup an automatic billing agreement, without direct confirmation from the account holder. You are required to confirm your permission for them to automatically bill your PayPal account for future purchases.

What could have potentially happened is, you made a purchase with them at their checkout, but failed to notice the text explaining that it would setup a recurring billing agreement on PayPal for a renewal subscription. 

As you consented for pre-approved payments with Tastecard, there is no foul play on their part. I am confident that there must have been a subscription in place and have therefore billed your payment method for the annual fee amount. This may have come at a surprise, as you didn't remember.

Please click here to view and update all your subscriptions and automatic payments.

You should also ask the merchant to cancel your subscription on their website too.

Login to Me Too

md5858
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal should do due diligence that their customer has been made aware of the billing agreement that is hidden away by tastecard via groupon sales. Paypal should regularly get their customers to confirm any commitments to ensure their customers are protected from rogues like Tastecard.And email before annual subscriptions are renewed.
Login to Me Too

md5858
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal should do due diligence that their customer has been made aware of the billing agreement that is hidden away by tastecard via groupon sales. Paypal should regularly get their customers to confirm any commitments to ensure their customers are protected from rogues like Tastecard.And email before annual subscriptions are renewed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.