swopply technology co (PayPal scam)

J600
Contributor
Contributor
Swopply Technology co basically advertise the latest tech via paid Instagram ads, and land you on a shopify website accepting PayPal. They run the store for a few months, scam a load of buyers and then close the store and open a new one. If you google swopply technology scam you’ll find lots of victims. The scam is fairly simple... 1. advertise popular items for sale 2. accept PayPal monies from unknowing shoppers 3. Swopply technology sends either an empty box or random item from China in the post with tracking (to have proof of postage) 4. Buyer opens a dispute, and either loses because seller has tracking OR is requested to post random item or empty box to China, which swopply know is cost prohibitive from the uk - therefore are able to get away with it My question is this, why do PayPal allow this to continue? And what (if anything) can be done to get your money back if you’ve fallen victim to this scam. Or is the solution to not use PayPal, and use an alternative gateway with more secure options? Would love feedback.
Login to Me Too
68 REPLIES 68

Johnqseven
Contributor
Contributor
A mi me vendieron un producto por casi 20 dolares, y me piden que lo regrese desde mexico, lo cual es muy caro, ahora me piden una carta por la policia, pero Paypal no me da otra opcion. Paypal es complice de esta compañia. No me da respuesta.
Login to Me Too

erikin2k7
Contributor
Contributor
Hermano en el resolution center te ayudan y si cierran el caso les escribes directo con toda la información y abren el caso de nuevo Som robots que leen la información y tienen respuestas predeterminadas Aún así nos están “c h I n g a n d o” por que el costo del envío es mucho más de la basura que nos envían a cambio de la orden Suerte y ya sabes que estos anuncios de facebook de tiendas chinas algunos son un gran engaño. No entiendo como Facebook lo permite. Pero PayPal debería detener la transacción y acreditarnos sabiendo de tantos casos.
Login to Me Too

erikin2k7
Contributor
Contributor
Indeed they did the same to me They advertised a video game console for about 9.99 and it seems so legit the videos and promotions on Facebook like two or three times daily, that anyone can take the bait. This is more elaborated than we think. There are people behind this scams knowing the flaws of the system. Of course they send you a box or bag in my case instead of the console they send a virtual keychain pet. Just imagine my dumb face when I opened the package. PayPal in the beginning closed the case because they provided a tracking number. See they know how it works. Then after that I decided to write directly to PayPal about it and they reopened the case. Swooply first offered a partial refund about 12 dollars ( original purchase was 22.80 with shipping) In did not accepted it. PayPal then “after evaluating the case” write me back that they offered a full refund by the return of the “wrong item sent” Then I was so happy that PayPal helped me ! But in the post office the officer told me The shipping back is 17$ plus tracking PayPal request 16$ Total of 33$ I needed to pay more than I lost I know it’s better to lose 10.20 than $22.80 They still got away whit it. I just decided not to continue because it’s a waste of time for me and the seller knows all of this. I think PayPal needs to be more strict to who they allow to use the system and protect us better in these cases since I sent even a picture and the infamous seller admitted wrong item sent. It’s got to be an automatic refund for that Facebook also need to be more strict on what they advertise. They just post the ads without taking responsibility on the buyers I hope this help others My recommendation is that to be sure the page is legit, search the domain origin, the Date it was created and search over internet opinions on it. Good luck
Login to Me Too

Brianp1958
Contributor
Contributor
This subject goes on and on and on it is a shame when I set my PayPal account up they asked if I wanted not to pay until delivered seems pointless I wanted to report my scam within twenty minutes of receiving it but all you get is contact the seller all Paypal need do is put a pause transaction which stays active for 24hours after delivery if you haven't paused it within that time then it's your own fault and you'll have to go down this road if you have paused it and they don't respond then it will be there loss we get refunded Paypal don't have to payout to cover there **bleep** we save due to no postage charges Paypal need to wake up and listen there so many ways this can be rectified at the scammers cost think about it paypal
Login to Me Too

Brianp1958
Contributor
Contributor
Well here's another people my pay Pal is set to pay after delivery but after purchasing via EBAY I was notified by eBay that the item had been removed off sale and to be aware other wise it could be a scam so I opened a case with PayPal to let them know they said they would contact them over eighteen days ago they have now closed case in my favour and will refund me this questions WHY have they paid the scammers sorry PayPal but your system is **bleep** so mad with them
Login to Me Too

ms_g23
Contributor
Contributor

Why is paypal tolerating this scammer letting the victim return the wrong item received at the buyer's expense. The return shipping costs at the minimum of $12 while the item they sent is worth less than $2. That's so unfair.  So many cases/complaints have been filed but the paypal is still allowing that scammer to use them as accomplice in their modus operandi adding trauma and more stress to the victim.

Login to Me Too

erikin2k7
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe the scammer is laughing getting away with it but I just hope this people here at Pp read this forums and understand the situation and take action. It’s clear the seller has an organized operation for doing what he do. This is us who knows how to complaint imagine older people or people that are not familiar with this kind of platform.
Login to Me Too

Brianp1958
Contributor
Contributor
They are organised and know what they are doing when I chased them up they said Paypal don't chase postage claims and wished me good luck getting anywhere with them which as proved them right in all our misfortunes
Login to Me Too

AstraCastra
New Community Member
I think the sane scam is being used by the sane company on Instagram using the mane JustJuly. I ordered bamboo toilet paper from Instagram and my PayPal account was charged to technology co inc... and justjuly gets serious scam alerts when I googled. Frustrating! Why does PayPal not protect users from these scams? I spent 30 mins trying to cancel this transaction and could not. Shame on PayPal! If this is not resolved, I’m cancelling my account!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.