suggestion about fraudulent sellers sites

fastfixitmom
Contributor
Contributor

This is just a suggestion, but it would be nice if PayPal had some sort of alert of service, for which I would pay, that let you know that the item you are purchasing or the site you are purchasing from, could possibly be fraudulent. I am sure i am not the only person who got scammed by the "life like baby shark" ads that showed a large robotic, moving and singing shark, that turned out to be totally fake, as the item advertised does not exist and is in fact a movie prop that is not even available for sale. These ads were taken from a youtube video and used by fraudsters. What I ended up receiving was a stuffed baby shark brand toy that neither moved nor sang. And paypals resolution center denied my claim stating the item was similar to the ad(?) Live and learn and lost 34. bucks. But after looking into it, because these same ads are allover the internet, I found out the item as shown does not exist. I am quite sure there are numerous other scammers out there using fake ads to lure people in to spend money on something that the seller has no intention of delivering, Something they don't own or even have in their possession, to be able to sell. Instead these sellers send you some cheap piece of sh*t and keep your money. I would pay for a service that would  alert me that this might possibly be fake. Granted there are a million scammers out there and paypal cant spot them all, but they can research the bigger more obvious fakes and let their paypal customers know. Anyway thats my suggestion

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.