someone hacked my paypal account

Anouar678
Contributor
Contributor

So i woke up today normally and went to the ATM to withdraw some money and  they say that i don't got money wich is odd because i got payed on the 1 december i checked my paypal and i was surprised that there are some transactions that i didn't authorize almost 500$ and that is a month payment. we live on a low budget where i'm from . they took the money from my credit card and i still haven't got any answer from paypal. I changed my password , scanned my computer , and i didn't open any email . I am really panicking i really need the money . i can't borrow money . 

The transactions have been made to two sites that i have never heard about my.com and wargaming group limited in RB . It's urgent.

Sorry for my bad english BTW.

KOK.PNG

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anouar678 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anouar678
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I already reported it but i still haven't got any answer .

it's urgent i need the money ASAP i don't got any money beside the one on the credit card .Isn't there any faster way of processing this.

I did everything you adviced.

Thanks for your answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.