so much for buyer protection

chris4rugby
New Community Member

Ebay and paypal wont support my claim even though the item was damaged and defective

Received an item on the 16th October, contatced seller same day.

Seller responded same day agreeing to send a replacement which could take upto 45 days 

Item never came, conatced seller who offered $5 part refund and keep item, Paid £16.34 and it does not work

Raised issue with ebay as item not received as replacement never came. ebay closed this and asked to raise another as item not as described. which i did.

Past the 30 days so ebay declined this??????

Paypal closed both saying they have reviewed and are happy that the seller did their part.

Seller sent defective and damaged goods, wont accept return and refund full amount

WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chris4rugby

Paypal gives some buyer and some seller protection but that protection can never be a 100% coverall.

Paypal have to make a judgement call as they never see the item that was bought or sold.

You have the options however of a credit card chargeback IF you funded your paypal payment that way OR small claims court maybe?

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.