skaramall/vi van di shopping site a scam

ped1954
Contributor
Contributor

Don't do any business with this site.  They are a scam that does not deliver the product.  They give tracking numbers that are fake or attached to other shipments that have been delivered.  Fake email address and phone number not in service.    The worst part is that paypal cannot see this scam as it is.  They say that they investigated but with all the fake info I wonder how that could be.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Vivandiisascam
Contributor
Contributor
Yes! They did the same to me. I located the sender and receiver of the tracking number Vi Van Di sent me. I have affidavits from them stating that they are not affiliated with Vi Van Di and that the package sent which corresponded to the tracking number sent to me by VVD was NOT my package as alleged. I have submitted these documents to PayPal and UPS. I AM COMMITTED TO TAKING THEM DOWN!!!!
Login to Me Too

CaptainBiff
New Community Member

I have been scammed as well. Ordered a desk and the UPS info said the package was 7.2 pounds and delivered overnight.  Were either of your disputes resolved or refunded?  My purchase was about 300 dollars so I really hope I get the refund.

Login to Me Too

Vivandiisascam
Contributor
Contributor

Have you filed your complaint with Paypal yet?  If not, wait.  Go to the UPS site and your tracking information, make your claim that you did not receive the package, even though it says it was delivered.  UPS will do a search on that tracking number and send you the information, where it originated and where it was delivered.  Once you have that, file the complaint with Paypal. If you file the Paypal claim first, they will contact Vi van di, who will provide the tracking number they sent to you and because it is a valid tracking number your claim will be denied.  If you can attach the UPS tracking details to your original complaint then you can demonstrate it is a fake number.  The problem with Paypal claims is that once they contact Vi Van Di and a tracking number is provided then the case is closed.  It is frustrating.  

Login to Me Too

Indiana1206
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I also ordered a desk from there and was scammed almost $300 !! My case was closed due to them providing shipment details so I won't get a refund from PayPal but I did contact my bank and they should be refunding me. It's very disappointing that PayPal isn't looking into this more when clearly this has happened to several people.  A desk weights more then 2.9 lbs and couldn't possibly get to my house as fast as they claim. Sorry this happened to you as well.

Since my case is closed, do I contact UPS then resubmit a claim to PayPal? I've never had this happen before so I'm not familiar with the process. I'm all about helping so others don't get scammed!  

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Xtremetc72
New Community Member

Same here. PayPal says they have confimation of delivery and wants me to get proof it wasnt delivered. Why use a trusted site like PayPal if they wont do thier job? Guess we gotta do thier job for them. Lets shutdown PayPal as well. They are just as bad, we trusted them with our money.

Login to Me Too

TravisLane
New Community Member

The exact same thing happened to me. I guess there are so many transactions flowing thru PayPal that they probably don't have a way of catching this scam. Vi Van Di obviously figured out a loophole (providing the fake tracking #) in PayPal's system and is taking full advantage of it.  Unfortunately, this lesson cost me $127.00

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.