shpock purchase

Nicola82
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an apple watch from shpock and had it posted to me,When it arrived it is icloud locked and I cannot use it. I paid through paypal goods and services. The seller responded once saying she would go into apple to resolve this but since she has not responded to any messages either through paypal resolution or email. Will the funds be held atm in her account? What is a reasonable amount of time to leave before escalating. What happens once the claim is escalated and are paypal likely to rule in my favour ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nicola82

The dispute phase is for negotiation between you and the seller, if that fails then escalate the dispute to a claim.

No idea which way paypal will decide but they tend to favour the buyer BUT you may have to return it trackable back to the seller before you are refunded.

BUT wait till Paypal tells you to do so.

Doesn't matter if the funds are held or not as if you win a dispute and the seller does not refund paypal will do so under their buyer protection policy.

Whatever you do don't close the claim until you have a cleared refund.

Hope you have activated the below link before making that transaction in case you have to return it?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

qjadam
Contributor
Contributor

any chance the shpock member's name starting with Sxxx C? She said she didnt have a paypal account...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.