shipping returned goods to china

Thrasherg
New Community Member

Ladies & gentlemen, I recently purchased 3 different flying drones from China, all 3 have no resemblance to the item described by the seller. All 3 sellers have agreed to provide a full refund if I return the items. The items cost $60, $80 and $150 each, I took them to the post office and they want $70 to ship each parcel with a tracking number to China!! I cant believe the seller was able to ship them to the USA with a tracking number for less than $10, feel I am being ripped off by the post office, obviously there is no sense in shipping the first 2 products back if the shipping will cost more than the refund, even the most expensive item really doesn't make too much sense, it will be nice to get $80 back but I believe all 3 blatantly misled me and see no reason why I should be so out of pocket. I have asked paypal for their help, but they have been very quiet so far. Has anyone found a way to send parts back to china with a tracking number for a reasonable cost?

Thanks for all/any suggestions.

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

Ricky_Tang
Contributor
Contributor
Simple answer...... Get a full refund without shipping ANYTHING back to China. Here's why: Prohibited items importing into china. items marked "Made in ROC" (Republic of China). The label "Made in Taiwan" is acceptable. https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGIntDestDetails-e.asp?table=tblCountry&txtLetter=CN
Login to Me Too

Jebon
Contributor
Contributor

I'm now having a dispute case with a Seller in China as well & PayPal has informed me to return the item at my own cost before I can get the full refund but I have earlier disagreed to this same proposal by the Seller because the Seller did not qualify in their website the item is only usable in China region. I have attempted to get in touch with PayPal on this via the resolution centre but not successful as PayPal last email only given me the spaces to provide the tracking details for returning the item to the Seller only. Can anyone help me out on this? 

Login to Me Too

Issa969
Contributor
Contributor
I had a similar situation wherein PayPal was asking for a tracking number before they would refund me on an item that came “not as described.” What I did was I mailed the item back to their warehouse address here in the US through the post office and they gave me a tracking number. I entered that tracking number in the dispute resolution page and within hours I received my refund. So long story short, if you have a US address for this seller (I got mine from the return address on the package) then ship it there as long as you get a tracking number that you can provide to PayPal. They don’t verify where it’s sent.
Login to Me Too

Issa969
Contributor
Contributor

@Thrasherg 

I had the exact same issue before. PayPal’s system requires you to enter a tracking number before they process the refund. So what I did was I mailed the item back to the address on the original package, which is probably their warehouse here in the US, with a tracking number. And since it’s an automated system, no one really checks if you returned it to China or not. All PayPal requires is a tracking number. So after I entered that in the system, within a few hours I got my refund. You might even get away with a fake tracking number! Who knows, right? I think it’s worth a shot. 

Login to Me Too

outdone5
Contributor
Contributor
It took me months to get my money back and after I went through the trouble of sending the item back it came back to me months later because the return address was bogus
Login to Me Too

cathyfs60
Contributor
Contributor
This is happening to me. I ordered something December 12, 21. I tried to cancel it by calling the number 10 minutes after the order went through and I continue to try for two hours and it was a false number along with the fake customer service email. Three days later I got an email stating that my order has been processed and shipped. I’m still trying to cancel the order and trying to get a hold of Paypal which Paypal totally blew me off. Then it went to synchrony Bank and Paypal said they couldn’t help me because it’s been reported to them the bank which I did not do. All this time I’m sending PayPal and the bank information of emails that were returned and due to faults addresses about this product also three different names this company went under. Well I just heard back today from synchrony bank and they said that they could not refund my money because the merchandise company said I still had their product well I can’t get a return address and now that I have one I have to ship it back and they don’t want me to ship it by FedEx they want me to go through the Postal Service tracking number. I’m going to cancel synchrony bank along with my PayPal account. They should’ve helped me on it as soon as I called them within 24 hours of the problem. I am also putting it on our social media reporting them Paypal synchrony bank and the company to the Better Business Bureau. I’ve come to the realization I will not be getting my money back and Paypal and synchrony Bank for really don’t care. They refunded it at first and then they took it back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.