shipping returned goods to china

Thrasherg
New Community Member

Ladies & gentlemen, I recently purchased 3 different flying drones from China, all 3 have no resemblance to the item described by the seller. All 3 sellers have agreed to provide a full refund if I return the items. The items cost $60, $80 and $150 each, I took them to the post office and they want $70 to ship each parcel with a tracking number to China!! I cant believe the seller was able to ship them to the USA with a tracking number for less than $10, feel I am being ripped off by the post office, obviously there is no sense in shipping the first 2 products back if the shipping will cost more than the refund, even the most expensive item really doesn't make too much sense, it will be nice to get $80 back but I believe all 3 blatantly misled me and see no reason why I should be so out of pocket. I have asked paypal for their help, but they have been very quiet so far. Has anyone found a way to send parts back to china with a tracking number for a reasonable cost?

Thanks for all/any suggestions.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thrasherg

Postage in China is dirt cheap which is why a lot of their items are equally cheap BUT of course its the opposite when you have to return the item back again and a lot of Chinese companies know this and so get away without having to refund.  Smiley Frustrated

Unfortunately..............

In the event of a dispute you 'nearly always' have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thrasherg

Postage in China is dirt cheap which is why a lot of their items are equally cheap BUT of course its the opposite when you have to return the item back again and a lot of Chinese companies know this and so get away without having to refund.  Smiley Frustrated

Unfortunately..............

In the event of a dispute you 'nearly always' have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Capnbooboo
Contributor
Contributor

The US government should be held accountable for allowing the lobbying of high tech companies because they can control information if not withhold it to beat limitation statutes, these are fraudulent crimes, cheating the public is what it is. 

Login to Me Too

DISBELIEF
Contributor
Contributor
I recently purchased a pair of sandals from NORACORA ! Approximately costing $25, also ordering two casual maxi length dresses. I advised them to cancel the dresses immediately. When I receive the sandals I couldn’t wait to open them, I have to tell you I was in total Disbelief ! The embellishments on the sandals were not even attached, they were being held on by a single piece of thread. I Have been going back-and-forth with NoraCora, The sandals came from China. I have been Advising them that I am not paying for a pair of sandals that were not even put together. I am Handling this through PayPal. I advised NoraCora that word of mouth is the best way to make sure that they get no business ! I advise them that I will be posting the sandals on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and every place else on social media, and that’s not to say that I will not call the news journal and show them the item that was sent to me from China. !!!
Login to Me Too

bethee61
Contributor
Contributor

what i bought was under $20 that includes the shipping they charged me nearly $6 so i can just imagine the cost for me to return it .  the company did not say it was from china no were was it disclosed .  i will never buy  online unless it is an american store .. lesson learned now to try and resell the item to someone for probably half what i paid for it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bethee61

Always make sure you fund your paypal payment via a credit card for that extra layer of protection.

Then you can do a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

deannatiffany
Contributor
Contributor

I used my paypal credit card to purchase items, and they sent the wrong items.  I ordered three watches for christmas this year and received airpods that are knock offs and do not work.  seller agreed to full refund when they recieve the product back, but gave me a chinese address that is not valid.  Will I still be able to do a chargeback?  I am currently in resolution status now, and making payments on $396 worth of CRAP I did not order and can't return.  This has been in resolution since December, product ordered in November.  Not once did they say they were in China, website showed an address in Pennsylvania.  

Login to Me Too

boinkyKA
escalate it with paypal. if the goods says made in china. it is one of the restrictions a parcel can get into china. Check China’s restriction. Then you can let paypal know about that problem
Login to Me Too

RalucaK
Contributor
Contributor
I just got a message from a seller giving me a return address in Chinese and I am not able to use it at the post office. This is beyond frustrating.
Login to Me Too

KJO314
Contributor
Contributor
It is such a runaround. I foolishly thought PayPal would have our backs if the merchandise purchased was nothing like we ordered. PayPal should return our money and BAN them as customers! Don't use PayPal, use something else if you're not sure of the company you're working with as you will get no help from PayPal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.