shipping returned goods to china

Thrasherg
New Community Member

Ladies & gentlemen, I recently purchased 3 different flying drones from China, all 3 have no resemblance to the item described by the seller. All 3 sellers have agreed to provide a full refund if I return the items. The items cost $60, $80 and $150 each, I took them to the post office and they want $70 to ship each parcel with a tracking number to China!! I cant believe the seller was able to ship them to the USA with a tracking number for less than $10, feel I am being ripped off by the post office, obviously there is no sense in shipping the first 2 products back if the shipping will cost more than the refund, even the most expensive item really doesn't make too much sense, it will be nice to get $80 back but I believe all 3 blatantly misled me and see no reason why I should be so out of pocket. I have asked paypal for their help, but they have been very quiet so far. Has anyone found a way to send parts back to china with a tracking number for a reasonable cost?

Thanks for all/any suggestions.

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor
@chillcat You need to speak to PayPal rep as complaints online are handled by bots.
Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

chillcat
Contributor
Contributor

hi

if possible please look at this case, very confusing, chatted with paypal a number of times, paypals only answer is to send an item back to China, made in China is not allowed back to China, I am in France, stuck here since this virus scenario, paypal says ship it back from the post and drops $20 bucks in my account, the post in France says no, the next day it says they are back to normal then froze all the private shipping companies as well as the post, the post office refuses to even accept and give a tracking number, depending on which one you go to, this has gone on for a month already because china was doing things about the virus since the Chinese new year.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Product-DOA-made-in-China-can-t-return-...

Login to Me Too

Capnbooboo
Contributor
Contributor

Charge back in Europe takes 75 days and weeks to arrange it with the banks

Paypal closed the case and told me I can re open it once I get news back from the post office because as far as they are concerned there is no movement so its closed

But read this one carefully, I never in my life seen this before and its becoming common that you can't even trust that people fallow the laws.

The post office in France opened a complaint to inquire about this package, because the news was that it reached China and they heard nothing about it again, no tracking information was updated as well.

La Post in France now made the tracking number invalid!

I have receipts and emails with the shipping label, and upon talking to them on the phone they have no idea how it was possible their system shows this package was stuck in France, was erased from the system, unless China owns all of France and the post office no one has a clue how in the world or why this could happen..the post office in France has to return the money if they lost it or can't explain what happened to it in China....

Did it get lost in China, refused and ignored?

Things are just getting crazier as they go, im about to find out something else from the US side (State Department)

Be well

Login to Me Too

Starsphinx
Contributor
Contributor

Regards the "return shipping on us" scheme - when you say it has to be activated before the transaction is that before you pay for return shipping or before you are conned into buying the item from China?

Yes, I ordered.  Yes, I had crap arrive. Yes, I have to return it to get the refund.  Yes, postage is as much as a refund.  However, if I can activate the returns on us before buying postage I and get the postage back I will do that.

If you have to activate returns on us before being conned in the first place that is just kicking victims when they are down.

Login to Me Too

Capnbooboo
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal returned the money but they was someone inside suspect according to an attorney who noticed the disappearances of  chats that contained statements by a number of PP  ppl in their team advising too wait, after erased they claimed too much time had past ignoring the lockdown period...one year alltogether 

Login to Me Too

BillD99
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same issue, the seller sends you the wrong item or just junk knowing that you will not ship the item back because it will be more then you paid for the item. I feel PayPal is completely unethical to allow these venders to use their service especially when they realize their scamming customers. I intend to make a formal complaint to my Attorney General. I will cancel my account with PayPal and use one of the many other services that provide the same service. I hear Google has a good one that is more responsible towards their customers. With everything that is going on, Shame on You PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Capnbooboo
Contributor
Contributor

They do have prosecutors in EU states too but it appears that we have agreed to paypal terms which set conditions that only apply depending on the amount of the item you purchased, this amount can not include customs fees or extra charges in relation to this or shipping., unless they where included in the original purchase., in other words paypal allows shady merchants to play their game.

Login to Me Too

terrilonghorn
Contributor
Contributor

So very true, well written, I totally agree with you, shame on you pay pal for allowing this to happen to so many of your customers

Login to Me Too

Gladies
Contributor
Contributor
I also ordered a Bose DC power cable and it was a Swedish website. After placing the order, it changed to Chinese. I now have the same problem. It says on my receipt original Bose DC power cable. When it arrived, it was nowhere similar to a Bose DC power cable and it does not fit. They will refund me fully if I ship it back. The seller knows this and this is how they are able to sell useless products that are no way near to what they advertise. I wish PayPal should stop and not allow this companies to use PayPal. Using PayPal makes a customer feel secured with the transaction.. but after this experience, not sure anymore. I guess, other countries are ok, but definitely avoid China
Login to Me Too

ravin3
Contributor
Contributor

It's interesting that so many people have run into these issues and Paypal is not doing anything about ensuring this loophole is closed.  I had the same experience with a company that advertises themselves as Buttonwholing (https://www.buttonwholing.com/products?handler=hot-sale) and I used Paypal to pay for a product assuming that Paypal will stand behind the purchases.  I got a bunch of junk after 3 months of ordering and all customer services to that butt-hole company bounces back.  And I need to ship this garbage back to China to get money back.  What nonsense!  Last time I will use Paypal to buy anything online.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.