shipping returned goods to china

Thrasherg
New Community Member

Ladies & gentlemen, I recently purchased 3 different flying drones from China, all 3 have no resemblance to the item described by the seller. All 3 sellers have agreed to provide a full refund if I return the items. The items cost $60, $80 and $150 each, I took them to the post office and they want $70 to ship each parcel with a tracking number to China!! I cant believe the seller was able to ship them to the USA with a tracking number for less than $10, feel I am being ripped off by the post office, obviously there is no sense in shipping the first 2 products back if the shipping will cost more than the refund, even the most expensive item really doesn't make too much sense, it will be nice to get $80 back but I believe all 3 blatantly misled me and see no reason why I should be so out of pocket. I have asked paypal for their help, but they have been very quiet so far. Has anyone found a way to send parts back to china with a tracking number for a reasonable cost?

Thanks for all/any suggestions.

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

clzopp909

We must all be buying from Tophatter! Never again will I be scammed by that website! Buyer Beware

Login to Me Too

Pammydq
Contributor
Contributor
Nope, different site... but they constantly change their names
Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

@Tech_Jyoti 

Have you considered sending via regular airmail as Certified tracking mail? It’s cheaper than couriered items.

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

Joyful2
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem as well and feel let down. It is obvious this is a scam and yet PayPal are not doing anything to expose the company. I have not given up yet🥴😡

Login to Me Too

Gladies
Contributor
Contributor

Don't give up! I got my money in full from the seller and PayPal paid me the full postage fee of 135 Sek (registered mail). Use PayPal help center and keep sending emails to the seller asking for an update. If the seller sense that you are not going to give up without a fight, he/she will eventually do something about it.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

chillcat
Contributor
Contributor

yes, its starting to appear as if paypal is siding with Chinese sellers regardless of the fact China is responsible for its own political issues based on their own  economical interests with the US., I was told by Chinese that the US (democrats) had made secret deals with China through a few American Chinese, deals which allowed China (like other countries with baseless in human laws) to contour slave labour, continue with laws the US can't get around yet can hurt Chinese to do so and since Trump and politicians started sanctions China went viral politically ,then a virus broke out, now they claim ticks from labs are also out killing people, regardless of all this crazy info Paypal did indeed release a pubic statement saying they will give sellers extra time...how ever, buyers where not informed well about this and neither where post offices..

Many people gave up, I am not giving up $300 to some scam, i had enough of senseless stories from the post office and will now consult an attorney to deal with them (not paypal), because paypal only needs proof I sent the item back with a tracking number, I gave them the tracking number but the post in france claims China received the item but did not report back....the French post office is refusing to update the tracking to show the item was received!, they insist on telling me to wait wait wait until China explains who got it, if they lost it etc, my guess is the Chinese ebay store shut down, so its a fat that the post office in france behind my problem...paypal says as soon as they do they will re open the case giving the seller 10 days to reply,  which means they will get the money back to me, how I donate now., they have to even if the seller vanished.

Login to Me Too

terrilonghorn
Contributor
Contributor

YES. YES. YES. PAYPAL is culpable when they allow this sort of thing to happen.

Login to Me Too

terrilonghorn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, your situation is exactly the same as mine, and I agree with what you say about the way Paypal is treating us their customers, 

Login to Me Too

terrilonghorn
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with you, Not only should they punish the fraudulent sellers, they should not be doing business with them as they are helping them to scam us 

Login to Me Too

Frainy
New Community Member
I ordered 3 metal vehicles for myy grandson for 85 including shipping. A plastic replica was sent a d only 1 of them. I paid for express delivery and the box was crushed and now unable to return What a total rip off all round
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.