shipping returned goods to china

Thrasherg
New Community Member

Ladies & gentlemen, I recently purchased 3 different flying drones from China, all 3 have no resemblance to the item described by the seller. All 3 sellers have agreed to provide a full refund if I return the items. The items cost $60, $80 and $150 each, I took them to the post office and they want $70 to ship each parcel with a tracking number to China!! I cant believe the seller was able to ship them to the USA with a tracking number for less than $10, feel I am being ripped off by the post office, obviously there is no sense in shipping the first 2 products back if the shipping will cost more than the refund, even the most expensive item really doesn't make too much sense, it will be nice to get $80 back but I believe all 3 blatantly misled me and see no reason why I should be so out of pocket. I have asked paypal for their help, but they have been very quiet so far. Has anyone found a way to send parts back to china with a tracking number for a reasonable cost?

Thanks for all/any suggestions.

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

Unhappycamper3
Contributor
Contributor
I agree with you. Taking care of this kind of issue is PayPal’s promise to you. Keep trying. Make sure PayPal has the name of the company
Login to Me Too

terrilonghorn
Contributor
Contributor

I could not have said it better myself, you are absolutely correct!!!

Login to Me Too

Unhappycamper3
Contributor
Contributor
Yes! I keep seeing the Chines Company I ordered from on Facebook, but the name on the ad keeps changing. Don’t give up. Keep going up the chain at PayPal. Taking care of people like us is their business
Login to Me Too

terrilonghorn
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you there

Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

So the merchant offered to refund $20 on a $47.85 charge. I refused so it’s going back to PayPal. These companies are scammers and every named company is probably run by a cartel. Lists item on one website. Website is registered in the USA. But company is located in Hong Kong. Payment thru PayPal to another name that has Chinese characters that says Beijing on it. Confirmation e-mail is from another email address that is not relevant to email on either. Item received is crap junk toy instead of said “robot vacuum cleaner with auto clean feature”. Made complaint to original email. Received response from another email. Finally from seller, said that they have “cancelled my order, and to deal with PayPal”. ??? Cancelled? I have already received their product. 

So should I do a chargeback with American Express right away or wait for their final offer?

One way guyz.. is to send the product by regular airmail, but as certified mail with tracking. Don’t send it back using a courier company. 

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

Gladies
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I received the full amount from the seller and the full postage fee I paid (by registered postal service) from PayPal. I bought the product for 139 Sek and postage fee was 135 Sek. I didn't care if I would lose another 135, it was a matter of principle and to stop this kind of unlawful transactions. I must say that the guy who assisted me on the paypal chat was very helpful and reminded me to pursue and not to forget to attach a postage returned receipt to the seller on the PayPal resolution/help center. I almost gave up because the seller was giving so many excuses. BUT DON'T give up and continue pursuing the case.

The seller will try and prolong the case by stalling, so that buyers will give up. The most important is to follow up by using the PayPal site when chasing the sellers. Upload PayPal transaction receipt, postage receipt, pictures of the useless goods received, email communication with seller by using screen shots, and other relevant info. The PayPal staff will see the communication between seller and buyer if communication is thru PayPal help center, I believe? The seller is the enemy here and although PayPal is partly to blame (because they didn't know that the seller is no good), they can also help the buyer get a refund. We as buyers cannot do anything when it comes to getting our money back, but PayPal can. Sellers know these, so use PayPal help center. 

On the the other hand, we are talking about a small amount of money here in my case, maybe if it is a bigger amount, the seller will try everything to stop the refund. 

Buyers can always  ask Paypal chat (online) for assistance before the resolution deadline expires. Keep on sending emails to the seller for an update and last but not the least, don't give up hope and stop this scammers! 

Peace and stay safe!

Login to Me Too

Dontgetscammed
Contributor
Contributor
YES. YES. YES. PAYPAL is culpable when they allow this sort of thing to happen.
Login to Me Too

MCotta
Contributor
Contributor
I agree. PayPal italy have been a total pain and not helpful at all. I’ve been asked to reports the incident to the authorities ( though I provided picture, emails between myself and the seller) they closed the case without any warning! PayPal are getting as bad as the fraudulent sellers. Customer service is terrible and all I get are automatic replies. A nightmare
Login to Me Too

terrilonghorn
Contributor
Contributor

I agree absolutely with what you say as the same thing happend to me, with the help of pay pal these scum are getting away with it, I thought I would be safe using Pay pal

Login to Me Too

MCotta
Contributor
Contributor
Not anymore. PayPal don’t care about their buyers anymore. They’ve made the millions now they don’t need to try anymore and sellers get away with fraud
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.