shipping back to China fake items

Giants30303
Contributor
Contributor

I brought from Maui jim add in instagram I tough was official page but they are fake now they want me to return to China ,but is expensive and also usps not allow this items to be shipped and also address is in Chinese 

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

calwiz
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased a fake product (bait and switch scam) from Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd.  This is a scammer company that make millions in the US by shipping fake products to customers from China.

I disputed this with PayPal but it was denied since I did not provide a tracking number to return the product to China with a tracking number. for a full refund The problem is the product is "unreturnable" since the address is in Chinese characters. And, I have to pay for shipping the fake product back to China. Cost is higher than the refund they offer.

Be careful about purchasing products from a Chinese based company. Even if the product is claimed to be shipped from the US.

Login to Me Too

Pisanofrank
Contributor
Contributor
Just , after 3 months , PayPal said I can return my fake US $1 silver coin to Communist China for refund of My $18.95 cost. Siding with a know cover firm for 5 or 6 companies selling these fake coins using different names. But never mentioned made in China.
Login to Me Too

stmpmn2
Contributor
Contributor

I also bought a fake American Silver eagle from a company named OFOVV.  I didn't know it was in China.  The "silver" eagle was steel, made to look like a silver eagle,  and worthless.  I paid $15.97 ( I should have known better) and to get a refund, I have to send back to China with tracking.  I hear you all laughing.  The very minimum method to ship back with tracking has a cost of $19.39.  Of course no one will return the merchandise and the company can keep on sending out this fake stuff.  Paypal continues to support this activity by not refunding us without sending the item back.  At least eBay attempts to put a stop to fake merchandise. They don't always do it but at least they attempt.  Paypal is knowingly allowing this to continue. HEY PAYPAL.....YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO RETURN A FAKE ITEM THAT WILL COST YOU MORE TO RETURN THAN IT ORIGINALLY COST !!!!!  CAN YOU HEAR US?????????  Stop these freaking Chinese crooks and quit enabling.

Login to Me Too

Pisanofrank
Contributor
Contributor
I spent total of $28.95 on fake $1 coin on July 26 and did not arrive until August 18 . But Aug 16 I had already filed a dispute with PayPal for item not received . So coin arrived and not in a MS 70certified case but on a non descriptive plastic slab. So I changed dispute to item received not same as ordered. Last week on this thread, someone posted that some transactions qualify for up to $30 in refund of return shipping costs. Well today I mailed back fake item to China and cheapest USPS rate was $35.35.priority Intl mail . Only way to get tracking. Which you must furnish along with a receipt and photo of parcel to qualify for refund. I will post more if I find that web site for firm handling this program for PayPal.
Login to Me Too

stmpmn2
Contributor
Contributor

Registered Mail for 2 oz. to China is about $19.00 and the cheapest way with tracking.  However, you need to know that this tracking only follows it to the U.S. Border.  The coins are actually made out of steel and not silver !!!  Just check with a magnet.  Magnet will not stick to a U.S. Silver Eagle.  Coin I received with obviously worthless steel coin made to look like an uncirculated Am. silver eagle.  So much criminal Chinese crap.  It's the second thing I ordered from unfamiliar companies that appear to be U.S. based and turn out to be Chinese. What a bunch of criminals.  Can't make money honestly so they try to cleverly cheat you.

Login to Me Too

Pisanofrank
Contributor
Contributor
I bought from same company , used name Topokey on a YouTube ad of theirs. Scroll down to coin videos and that company or 4 or five other name they sell up will have an ad pop up. I asked PayPal why they all have seller accounts if fraudulent sellers? N O Answer ! Someone on this page, posted that if you return and pay postage and for tracking, you can be reimbursed up to $30 by PayPal if you filed a dispute and then get refund from seller once return is verified.
Login to Me Too

stmpmn2
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a single coin ( "American Eagle" ) and it was $15.97.  I should have known better.  Anyway, they respond to PayPal with the requirement to return the item for a full refund.  The very minimum to return the coin with tracking is $19.00.  The price for shipping to China with tracking goes up from there.  They obviously know that nobody will return.  The coin i received look like a very nice Silver American Eagle.  The little magnet told me otherwise.  It was made of plated steel.  Looks nice but worthless.

Login to Me Too

DG_SF
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, after a Chinese merchant cheated me out of $100 a few months ago I only purchase from companies in the USA. I mailed the merchandise back to Seller and then was told I had no PayPal case. I predict things are going to get really bad in the next couple of months and with PayPal looking overwhelmed, I think we all need to just buy local or do without. 

Login to Me Too

Pisanofrank
Contributor
Contributor
Why didn’t PayPal allow you to file for a refund?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.