service charges on credit card

paulxh
New Community Member

I receive every once in a while a $5 charge marked *PHPFMG on my credit card, i have seen this appear on my card over a 2 year period. since it is only $5, i have just paid it, but i would like to know what it is, since paypal claims they do not charge a fee for an opened account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @paulxh,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! This is a great question. I can confirm we do not charge any yearly or monthly fees just to have a PayPal account open. We do have a couple merchant services such as PayPal Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal that charge $30/mo, but nothing that charges $5 a year. 

If you see this transaction in your recent PayPal activity, I recommend reporting this transaction as Unauthorized. Here's a great Help Center article to walk you through that process: How do I report potential fraud, spoof or unauthorized transactions to PayPal?

If you only see this charge on your card and do not see it in your recent PayPal activity, I recommend reporting it as unauthorized with your card company / bank.

Cheers!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.