sent money to comiclake. was it a scam?

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some tools from a company called Comiclake. They say they are in Illinois, but their phone number is in Ohio. They wont answer their phone and it was such a good deal that I am starting to think it was all a scam. I paid with paypal for the buyer protection. Has anybody purchased from Comiclake and actually received their items? 

Thanks.

Mac.

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

RHAndersen
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal does not always reimburse the buyer - I alerted Paypal after a transaction that I though it was a scam (Seerplise.com). They said they do not "insure" purchases in such cases. Paypal allows these sites to use their service and knows where the money goes. A certain percent they may refund, but profit dearly on the other cases. A class-action is likely going to name Paypal for aiding and abetting these thieves. any injured parties may want to go to Slimysites.com after August 15th, 2020 and sign-on to the list for the action.

Login to Me Too

Kencam
Contributor
Contributor
Happened to me as well report it to https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Login to Me Too

Rlap7
New Community Member
Hey there. Canberry.top appears to be a scam. I purchased an item and the tracking I was given has not updated in 3 weeks. I assume they keep you on the hook long enough to generate more sales before closing. I have disputed the charge.
Login to Me Too

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: Today I was told by USPS that the package has arrived in the US. I was told that it is being held up by customs and could be held up for up to 6 weeks. It was sent as a small package from China, and that is weird because it should be about 50lbs. I'll keep updating this when I know more. Thanks for all the help and comments.

Login to Me Too

Seattle_425
Contributor
Contributor
Having a same issue with carbzed.club, which is an affiliate of the other websites mentions on this thread. Like others, I ordered an item since the price was stupidly low. Paid via PayPal and was given a tracking number similar to the ones in this thread. Tracking it now and it is still in China. I am not optimistic that the actual item I ordered will arrive at my door step. I escalated the situation to PayPal so I am waiting for the 20 days period to end before further escalation.
Login to Me Too

RM74

I too ordered a product from Carbzed because the price was so low.  I tracked the package for a month.  The box was supposed to be 3 ft tall.  I should have received the package yesterday.  I tracked the package late afternoon and USPS says delivered.  No packages at either door of the house.  Check the mailbox, and there is a small envelope, with the tracking number on it.  They sent me 2 paper masks.  I paid $60 for a product and received 2 masks.  The address on the envelope reads 'Su Qing <removed>

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

Masks seem to be what everyone who actually receives something is getting. I did not receive anything because my "package" never left China. My dispute was finally settled. Make sure you take an image of the package with the addresses visible and the contents. Attach the images to your dispute.

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

NYSAL
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is a joke and they are part of this SCAM! I called ASAP to report the seller and I was told I was in the wrong. PayPal states that the transaction is consistent to my buying pattern. They are nuts and I never purchased anything before from that scamming company. I demand a refund and will take this to my State Attorney Generals office.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.