sent money to comiclake. was it a scam?

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some tools from a company called Comiclake. They say they are in Illinois, but their phone number is in Ohio. They wont answer their phone and it was such a good deal that I am starting to think it was all a scam. I paid with paypal for the buyer protection. Has anybody purchased from Comiclake and actually received their items? 

Thanks.

Mac.

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

Stonesphear
Contributor
Contributor
I attempted to send a valid response to a PayPal customer subjected to the same exact scam we are trying to get PayPal on board with us to engage with us to put a stop to it before and as is spreads but instead I receive a message that my post of reply to a fellow victim of the same EXACT fraud "can't be processed . try again later. " !!!!???? Pay Pal is arguably the greatest manager of online banking transactions for western civilizations on this planet. Give us break, if you can't handle the load hire more staff.
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

I tried customer service but it is 3-4 hours wait to get a live agent so I gave up. Make sure to file a dispute if you have been scammed by these crooks.

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

NYSAL
Contributor
Contributor
Well I got my package today and it sure in hell wasn’t my 4 burner griddle. I never opened up the 6 oz package but I know it’s a mask. These sellers are amazing and PayPal treats us as the bad people. I’ve been sending messages to PayPal over 3 weeks and they are a joke and should just look into the website and notice the buyers were scammed. It’s sad that sellers Chinaare getting away with this and we can’t get any resolution.
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

It is possible that PayPal outsources their customer service function. If that is the case then they might simply follow certain guidelines set out by PayPal. Who knows where these customer service folks are but it could be Mumbai or Manila for all we know. Amazon outsources their customer service offshore but they seem to be very well informed and actually accessible. Amazon seems to give us the buyers the benefit of the doubt. PayPal just seems to push paper. 

My case was actually settled today so I got my $62 back one month and 10 days after filing my dispute. It is very important that you file a dispute straight away and make sure you submit everything you have that is relevant to your dispute up front. It is not possible to provide additional information once your case is in the works.

Best of luck. 

Login to Me Too

willboudle
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from these guys 3 weeks ago and clearly showed they were fraud, almost instantly. My fault for trusting google shopping without reviewing the site. As soon as I received the order email, I knew something was wrong. 

Then after giving a bunch of info, paypal DENIED my dispute! So naturally I appealed it. Weeks have gone by and nothing. 

I'm sure these guys are ripping off hundreds of people. If you search for any item from one of their sites and click Google Shopping, you'll see a ton of sites with the item at their random price. "32.64" or "74.29" or something when the original item was $299.

paypal is going to end up with a big loss if they don't stop these scammers. 

What do I need to do next to get paypal to even bother LOOKING at it. Its so obvious its a scam. 

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

If they flatly refuse to review your case you have a couple of options. Depending on the source of the funds used to pay for the purchase you can dispute the charge through your credit card or bank. Next step assuming neither or those options work there is Consumer Affairs complaint against PayPal and then your State Attorney's Office. PayPal is dependent upon good press in order for them to continue operations so any negatives on their record counts against them. If they are going to offer buyer protection and your claim is valid (from what I have seen there are a ton of folks that have been scammed by these thieves) there will ultimately be restitution. PayPal can either bite the bullet and fulfill their commitments to us or pay the price in negative feedback through consumer complaints and eventually the media.

Best of luck to you. Sorry they are giving you the runaround. They are dragging their feet on my claim which was supposed to be settled several days ago. 

Login to Me Too

willboudle
Contributor
Contributor

I jsut managed to get "Alvin" on chat. Then when I sent him the link to this thread and complained about the delay, he just disappeared. 20 minutes later, I was writing "hellllooooo, Hellooooo is anyone there... " to no response

This is insane. I know paypal has notoriously poor customer service but this is next level. 

I've been using them 10 years with very little complaints. The one time I file a complaint over $50 and this is what I get? I've spent several hundred legit through them this month. 

If this scam gets big enough. Which I think it might, I wonder if it could result in a class-action lawsuit against paypal. Maybe get them to change their policies. 

There are literally HUNDREDS of sites from this same scammer now. All you have to do is search a product from their site and find Google shopping is flooded with them.

I've also filed a complaint with google shopping to no avail. Time to only start using my credit cards I guess. 

paypal-scam.PNG

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

It could actually result in a class action suit against PayPal. They appear to take a very lackadaisical attitude towards customer service. Perhaps a law suit is just what PayPal needs to give them a wake up call about how to treat us. I will probably have to start pestering them every day to get them to take action on my case. "Resolution" was supposed to be last Friday but nothing from them yet. If I try to email them I reach a dead end. I might have to settle this via PayPal Credit which is Synchrony Bank if PayPal does not keep their promises. There have to be hundred of similar claims pending. Perhaps the clerks who work these disputes or whatever they call themselves will need to escalate the claims to someone who can actually handle them. Right now they seem to be just pushing paper.

I hope we all get our money back before the PayPal hits the fan.

Login to Me Too

willboudle
Contributor
Contributor

What really gets to me is that this is HUGE. With the amount of sites I've found, HUNDREDS, paypal must be getting scammed like crazy. You'd think paypal would want to mitigate fraud. Them ignoring us when we're trying to HELP them is insane. 

I've just decided I am going to put the information together and then search for "Magecart" which was a giant ecommerce credit card scandal. Anyone reporting that might be interested in reporting about it. I'll contact TechCrunch, CSO, Techrepublic etc.

Maybe I'm wrong and they won't care, but the scale at which this seems to be happening might warrant a good news story. 

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you. Perhaps PayPal does not care. At least they do not seem very interested but this is huge. It seems as if all of these scammers are located in China so they might be immune to US legal actions. However, I would think that PayPal would reserve the right to cancel any seller if they are seen to be crooked. They must be aware of what is going on simply based upon the number of disputes against the same seller(s). I am glad I got my money back yesterday because some of the contributors to this forum has stated that their claims are being denied with no explanation. The scammer's website(s) are still active so they are still thieving. 

Please continue to post so all of those affected can take advantage of any way to get restitution.

Thanks and best of all to you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.