sent money to comiclake. was it a scam?

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some tools from a company called Comiclake. They say they are in Illinois, but their phone number is in Ohio. They wont answer their phone and it was such a good deal that I am starting to think it was all a scam. I paid with paypal for the buyer protection. Has anybody purchased from Comiclake and actually received their items? 

Thanks.

Mac.

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: The package arrived today. Should have been about 60lbs of Dewalt tools. I received a paper mask in a plastic sack the size of a sandwich bag. Total scam. Buyer beware. I disputed it with my credit card because PayPal should have stopped these guys along time ago. By disputing it with my credit card I think it causes paypal to pay more attention to their merchants. I hope nobody else pays these thieves for items that are not coming.

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was supposed to be a Dewalt table saw weighing 45 pounds. No way China Post Small Packet service would ship this despite what another contributor said. So far $62 out the door unless PayPal comes through for me. It is surprising that PayPal does not shut these crooks down straight away but I suppose there is some reason which is not communicated to us.

Login to Me Too

J2048b
Contributor
Contributor

so i called my bank explained to them what happened, and they did a dispute on all the charges and it got taken care of, tell them YES there is a tracking # BUT china post is for small parcels only, so if u paid for an item that weighs more than 4 lbs, u should be good to go, forget paypal, especially if u use ur cc thru paypal like i do, call the credit card company explain how there are multiple web sites all affiliated with comiclake and explain how the address is the same on all web sites, but different numbers that do not connect.... my bank was all over it right away

Login to Me Too

julz10
Contributor
Contributor

There are dozens if not hundreds of scams online now. It is the same MO for every company they just have different names and fake websites. Most provide you a fake tracking number to an address that will be in the same city as yours that they have hacked somehow.  All correspondence with you will have your address on the tracking.  On the day of delivery, they send an email stating that your package was left at your mailbox or near it. In reality, they send a 1 oz. package to the other address in your city. Some people actually receive something at the correct address like someone in this forum that received a candy necklace. I think that is riskier for the scammers.

Paypal denies your claim because the company provides them with tracking. Paypal only sees what we see. That it was delivered to our address. USPS could not tell me which address my 6 lb package was delivered to but they told me it was half an ounce. I assume they can't divulge the address because of privacy concerns. Paypal will deny your claim unless you can prove it was not delivered at your address.  You have to call USPS or UPS and ask for an email that says the item was not delivered to your address.  Then forward the email to Paypal along with the info for your claim.  The only claims with refunds are the people that had an email from the post office or UPS. 

Login to Me Too

Chitony001
Contributor
Contributor
I just got an email from PayPal telling me that the case with comiclark was closed and I will receive a full refund.
Login to Me Too

J2048b
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone noticed the website they originally ordered from is now not working, or is it just the one i used that keeps coming up as the ip address cannot be reached? mine was an affiliate...my tracking numbers are still active as well

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

The one I got scammed on is still up but advertising a big "Merry Christmas" sale. As long as nobody does anything about them they will continue scamming. My case was supposed to be settled by PayPal by midnight last night but not a word from them. Thus far the crooks have had over a month to comply with PayPal's "requests for information" but all the thieves have provided is a China Post tracking number for their small packet service. The item I was taken for was a table saw weighing 45.0 pounds. Although I have been admonished by another contributor for not having a broad enough view of the situation, there is no way China Post is going to ship a 45.0 pound table saw using their small packet service (weight limit 4.4 pounds). 

That said the tracking shows whatever little item was sent to me in order to placate PayPal is lost in space and appears to have never left China. Someone else mentioned they got a little envelope with a candy necklace enclosed in lieu of an order for a bunch of tools. PayPal has had this information since the dispute was opened last month but still this seller is wheeling and dealing. 

Best of luck with your claim.

Login to Me Too

Chitony001
Contributor
Contributor
Comiclark is a scam , they send a package number and you may or may not get something “like I got a candy necklace “ after 2months, so dispute it with PayPal and you’ll get a refund. I got mine in two weeks.
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

That is reassuring that you got your money back. I still have not gotten my candy necklace but it appears to have been eaten by the China Post.

Hopefully all of us who have been taken by these fraudsters will be so fortunate. It is surprising however that there is no justice but perhaps the laws are substantially different in a communist country. I would think there would be some reciprocity between nations to at least minimize this type of activity but apparently not.

Best of all to you. 

Login to Me Too

Stonesphear
Contributor
Contributor
I would've be surprised if the perp doesn't spit in the Coved Virus face masks before !+ Ships them to us from Shanghai. If I had known the seller was shipping from Shanghai I wouldn't now have a piece of crap $114 covad 19 face mask in quarantine in my position instead of a used King Master Cornet in " amazingly good condition." For it's age.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.