sent money to comiclake. was it a scam?

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some tools from a company called Comiclake. They say they are in Illinois, but their phone number is in Ohio. They wont answer their phone and it was such a good deal that I am starting to think it was all a scam. I paid with paypal for the buyer protection. Has anybody purchased from Comiclake and actually received their items? 

Thanks.

Mac.

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

Tja325
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I get the reasoning behind the waiting period. It's just frustrating when, as additional information comes up, it becomes obvious it's a scam that multiple people have been victims of, and there's no way to submit additional proof or information to PayPal. You'd think they would have a system in place for detecting one-off disputes vs patterns all from the same merchant.

Login to Me Too

DDMORE
Contributor
Contributor

After a set number of disputes of a certain kind PayPal will cut off scam sellers from their system. I agree it would be nice if PayPal could weed out scam sellers better but it's extremely difficult. Scammers are very adept at covering their tracks and they just use a new set of details to set up a new account to continue scamming. It is always a good idea to do some searching online to verify if an unknown seller is reported as a scammer. While this is not 100% effective in weeding out early scammers, it is a good way to help avoid some of the established scam sellers. ALWAYS DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE WHEN BUYING FROM AN UNKNOWN SELLER.

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

There does not seem to be anything in place to provide additional information on our disputes. We just have to wait until the time PayPal gives the seller to supply evidence of delivery. 

Login to Me Too

DDMORE
Contributor
Contributor

It's been a while but if I recall correctly, after the time expires if you haven't received your refund, go to the resolution center on your account page, link is at the top under More. The following is from the help link on the Resolution Center page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I upload additional information or evidence to resolve a dispute or claim?
In order to resolve a dispute or claim, you may be required to provide additional information or evidence. If you receive an email from us with that request, please upload your information to our Resolution Center. The Resolution Center is not currently available on the PayPal mobile app.

Here's how to upload documentation to the Resolution Center:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Click Respond on the case row.
  3. On the case details page, click Respond.
  4. Choose I'd like to submit the requested info.
  5. Submit the required information along with a description.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In most cases you wont need to submit any additional information, but just in case, you should keep a copy of all order and communication to and from the seller.

I don't remember if you can just upload information before it is requested by PayPal, but it should not be needed unless requested.

Hope this helps some and there is a lot more that can be found in the help files with a little digging.

Login to Me Too

Stonesphear
Contributor
Contributor
Seerplise counterfeits legitime adds off of eBay and lists them on Seerplise cheap. When the customer purchases the item from Seerplise, Comiclake collects through PayPal. All contact telephone numbers and email addresses are dead ends .
Login to Me Too

Chitony001
Contributor
Contributor
I received a small package with the tracking number from comiclake, inside was a candy necklace, so yes it’s a scam I don’t know why they sent this , my guess is they had to keep some package to track while they ripped more people off.
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

I think it would be a good idea to take a picture of the package with the tracking number visible next to the necklace. PayPal might want proof.

Login to Me Too

Kencam
Contributor
Contributor

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

Another contributor claims that PayPal puts a hold on the seller's funds until the item is received by the buyer. This seems a bit unlikely. That would be a deterrent. The buyer protection must be some type of insurance PayPal pays for. 

Login to Me Too

Stonesphear
Contributor
Contributor
There is a major problem developing on this thread in so far as identifying a criminal enterprise utilizing PayPal accounts to bilk cash from unwary buyers shopping on the internet . I was ripped off by a seller advertising through "Seerplise" and the transaction was processed through Comic Lake followed by the item purchased goes from one distribution to the next and next and next till after weeks in transport a package arrived with a gotcha! In your face Worthless item. In my case I purchased a used Cornet, $114 out of pocket , through PayPal and weeks later received one cheap piece of crap Covid virus face mask instead . The real problem here is that even though the seller is obviously a rotten crock, so far due to apparent lack of action on the part of PayPal ( due to extra burdon created by the Corona Virus ) there is no way of determining whether or not parties such as "Seerplise" , Comiclake, itinerate distribution centers, and various who knows what or who else in on to the scam and how to pull it off are actively part of the scam or being duped same as PayPal and PayPal shoppers are being duped.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.