sent money to comiclake. was it a scam?

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some tools from a company called Comiclake. They say they are in Illinois, but their phone number is in Ohio. They wont answer their phone and it was such a good deal that I am starting to think it was all a scam. I paid with paypal for the buyer protection. Has anybody purchased from Comiclake and actually received their items? 

Thanks.

Mac.

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

J2048b
Contributor
Contributor
I received another tracking # this one LY ending in CN Are all china post shipments small? How can u get info on the size of the order? I may as well dispute everything asap
Login to Me Too

DDMORE
Contributor
Contributor

I have at least once in the past purchased an item from a scam seller. PayPal has a hold on the money sent to their account for just such situations. Once you file a dispute and if it is not resolved in the time allowed , PayPal will refund the money to your account and it becomes a charge back to the seller. It is then up to PayPal to recover the funds to their service.

I personally have not seen or heard of anyone not getting a refund from a legitimate dispute.

Just stay in touch with PayPal through your account and you should receive your refund when the time runs out unless the seller can prove shipment was received.

Save any and all communications with the seller as it will help your dispute case if you have documentation to prove your dispute.

Best of luck and stay aware , scammers are everywhere these days. If it looks to good to be true , It probably is.

Always try to do a scam search for any sellers you have not dealt with before or if the price is just too good. Get something back from all that information Google has about you by using Google to your benefit.

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

I did not know that PayPal put a hold on the seller's money. That is good to know. I presume that is a fact received from a reliable source. I know with eBay once the sale is made the money is deposited into the seller's account. This is fact as I am an eBay seller. The tracking number the scammer provided is one for China Post small packets which has a weight limit of 4.4 pounds. The item I bought weighs 45.0 pounds. I will just have to be patient and wait until PayPal's time limit for the seller is up.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

DDMORE
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased items from China before and the weight limits for China Post are Pretty much loosely enforced. I Bought items that were over the 4.4 limit and they were shipped through China Post and arrived pretty much on time. I think China Post has different weight limits for different in country shippers that sell overseas. I don't speak or read Chinese so I can't read all the fine print and various shipping account details and the English translation is incomplete at best.  As with everything Chinese , what they show to outsiders is not necessarily the whole picture or the complete story. Either way , according to PayPal you have 90 days to file a dispute and from what you've written I think you have already done that. I would say that after 30 to 40 days tops you should aggressively push the dispute with PayPal and within a few days if they do not hear from the seller they will probably refund at that time. That has been my past experience anyway , but with the Covid scare on the wait times might be extended, it seems most places have taken this approach to times allowed for delivery and returns.

Good Luck.

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I wanted to provide PayPal with additional information connected to my dispute. This was after the dispute was filed. I could not find any way to add additional information to the case or how to contact PayPal regarding the dispute. Since PayPal gives the bad guys 20 days to respond I have no intention of waiting 30-40 days in order to aggressively push the dispute. After midnight on the 20th day either PayPal or Consumer Affairs will be hearing from me. I am out $62 for a reconditioned table saw which was at one time being sold on Amazon for about the same price.

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

If you go to China Post's website it will tell you the different classes of shipments based upon the tracking number. That being said all China Post tracking numbers beginning with the letter L and ending in CN are China Post ePacket service which have a weight limit of 2kgs.(4.40lbs). If your purchase weighs more than that the tracking number provided is likely not for your shipment. The size limit for China Post ePacket service is 35 inches total of length plus width plus height and none of the sides can exceed 23 inches.

Login to Me Too

KFarrelly69
Contributor
Contributor
I wrote the email I had for them and they responded back and gave me some info Then I got another email telling me that they are getting ready to ship my package and gave me a tracking number. It said it would be available to track within 3 days and the package should be here with 15 to 20 days. My paypal was the same chinese name and the email was weird because it said By the way, dont respond to this email. If you need to contact the company write to this email address and then it gave an email. Hopefully it isnt a scam but if it is then i will just file a dispute and get my money back.
Login to Me Too

Juju2020
Contributor
Contributor
They keep giving me the same tracking number that loops itself in China. Its shows movement however, all of it is in China. They also gave me the same tracking number for multiple orders. Then the post its coming from only processes small packages....there's no way the tracking number they provided me contains my order. I have several disputes open right now. I keep explaining to PayPal that yes they may be responding to you, however, these tracking numbers are fake.
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

As far as continuing to explain anything to PayPal goes you might be better off saving your breath to cool your porridge. They have their own agenda and do not seem very interested in additional facts on disputes. PayPal counts on the revenue they receive from sellers who use their services so the "Golden Rule" applies. The Golden Rule being "He who has the gold makes the rules." That is why PayPal gives merchants such a long time to respond to disputes. They do not want to alienate their cash cows even if some of them are obvious crooks. In this case the criminal seller is trying to placate you (and I) the buyer by providing bogus tracking numbers. It is unlikely PayPal does any investigating. They simply give the thieves an inordinate amount of time to respond to our disputes then escalates it to a claim. Then they waste yet another several days to weeks to pay the claim.

Login to Me Too

DDMORE
Contributor
Contributor

You need to have a broader perspective on how the resolution process works and what it designed for. You as a seller would not want unscrupulous buyers initiating a false dispute and collecting an immediate refund after you have sent the purchased item. It is for this reason that there is a predetermined time allowed for a transaction to be delivered before a dispute can be completed. PayPal's dispute system may not seem ideal to some but it is designed to be as fair as possible to both the buyer and seller. A buyer who suspects fraud can not receive an instant refund until the allotted delivery time has expired. When dealing with a foreign country there are all sorts of issues with international sales and time to deliver is one of them. As I stated before , I have personally received items weighing considerably more than the 2 Kg limit through China Post with the initial prefix and suffix letter codes mentioned. Unless you work for China Post you can not know the exact terms for all shippers that use the service. Simply reading what is posted on the website is not sufficient to know all the details, after all it is China we are dealing with and they have a less than stellar reputation for providing the truth or the complete picture. I have tracked items that originally had a suspicious China Post tracking number and found that China Post was only the initial pick up carrier and the shipment was completed by a different carrier. At any rate , to be fair to both seller and buyer , PayPal does not issue a refund until the allotted delivery time has expired. At least they do offer a protection program and even a credit card company will not issue an immediate refund until delivery time has expired. So buyers need to be patient and wait until the delivery time has expired then aggressively pursue the dispute with PayPal. It is for this reason that it would be wise to keep all transaction and communication information for proof to be submitted to PayPal if required after the delivery time has expired. Attempting to push PayPal to expedite a refund before the allotted delivery time is futile and a waste of time and energy. Just allow the process to run its course and be patient. Your alternative is to not purchase through PayPal or from unknown sellers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.