sent money to comiclake. was it a scam?

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some tools from a company called Comiclake. They say they are in Illinois, but their phone number is in Ohio. They wont answer their phone and it was such a good deal that I am starting to think it was all a scam. I paid with paypal for the buyer protection. Has anybody purchased from Comiclake and actually received their items? 

Thanks.

Mac.

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

KFarrelly69
Contributor
Contributor
I received a tracking number along with a message that said "By the way, dont respond to this email" Im curious if we got the same tracking
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

They are not a real company. The money goes to China. You might want to look at the PayPal address of record for who the money went to. If you also received a China Post tracking number beginning with LS and ending in CN it might be bogus as well. This is a China Post Small Packet tracking number and this type of service is limited to 4.4 pounds in weight. If your purchase weighs more than that you were most likely scammed. Since you disputed it PayPal will give the bad guys 20 days to respond. Chances are the thieves will close shop, reopen under a new name, and get a new PayPal account before the 20 days are up.

Login to Me Too

Kathgoose
I agree! I almost got sucked in, but started doing research. They have the new Keurig Kold, which is usually around $350 on sale for different prices, anywhere between $57 and 60 some dollars. Here's a listing. https://www.postate.club/keurig-kold-drinkmaker-white-with-two-bonus-glasses?gclid=CjwKCAjw4pT1BRBUE...
Login to Me Too

Kathgoose
Also, I just noticed that right now it says they are located in Bellingham WA. I'm wondering if that's because I'm in Washington state and they have it set up to show a city in the state the person is searching from. Just wanted to include that as well.
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

It is uncertain if "THEY" are located anywhere. The person my money went after my PayPal purchase is somebody named ZHENG <removed>. I can not post the actual email address due to PayPal's rules. Could be associated with one of those phony email addresses that are allowed by gmail and hotmail but PayPal claims to have contacted this person. PayPal gives the merchants 20 days to respond so chances are the bad guys are off spending our money. One would think that in such a technologically sophisticated world PayPal would be on the cutting edge and catch these thieves red handed. However, like much of the system PayPal is caught up in their own procedural dogma and consequently the crooks get away with it.

Login to Me Too

KFarrelly69
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased an item too. Then when I went to login to the Canberry.top site it said there was no such email. I sent an email to the company and now Im worried.
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

If I were you I would dispute it straight away. The same folks are working under several company and website names. 

Login to Me Too

Tja325
Contributor
Contributor
Adding to this, it seems like they’re operating the same basic scam website just for different product categories and domains. I placed an order through “seerplise.club” (which I actually found through Google Shopping results), PayPal was to Lang JiYong. I got an email confirmation from Comiclake but filed a dispute anyways. Will update if I get a tracking number but I can’t even check my order on the site anymore, says my email is invalid.
Login to Me Too

DDMORE
Contributor
Contributor

I went to the same site looking to purchase an item for a bargain price. Decided to check it out before buying.  Searched SEERPLISE on google and found this online from Better Business Bureau --

LISTED AS

Teenserge
Online Shopping

Business Details

Location of This Business
<removed> (NOT at this address), Omaha, NE 68106-2960
BBB File Opened: 4/21/2020
Alternate Business Name

PIECEPLIN
Stapple
Hairdoy

Read More
Contact Information

Principal
Owner/Manager

Additional Contact Information

Email Addresses

Primary

Other

Website Addresses

https://www.stapple.club/
https://www.hairdoy.com/
https://www.seerplise.club/
https://www.carbzed.club/

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks pretty shady to me. They recommend not using a business that is less than 3 years old.

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

In my case the money went to Zheng <removed>. I got confirmation of the sale but the confirmation had spelling errors and overall looks strange. When I tried to confi.rm it I received the order status of "PENDING." This thing is a scam and the perps are running several websites selling products at bargain basement prices. I disputed mine straight away but PayPal gives the thieves 20 days to respond to the dispute. This gives the bad guys plenty of time to close shop and reorganize under another fake name and website. It should be interesting to see what PayPal does with all of these disputes after they become claims. From what I have seen there are at least a dozen folks who have been scammed by COMICLAKE.com et al. My loss thus far has been $62 for a table saw. Others I have seen have been for several hundred dollars. I suppose PayPal can afford all these claims.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.