sent completly different goods to what I ordered, only get a refund if goods are returned!!!

cj1971
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered what I thought was a garden lounger chair with luxuary cushion. what turned up was infact just a piece of what looked like a piece of packing foam.

i contacted the seller who told me that my item was still in transit. Yet the package that I received corresponded to the tracking number provided.

Paypal have now said i can get a refund if the item is returned.  

Why should i pay for return postage on foam, they know that I am not gonna return it or if I do they will say that is not been received.

How are these companies allowed to get away with this. I am sure this is not the first time.

Also I have no option on my case to respond to them as they have just sent shipping info so how to I respond to this offer.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

spudsie
New Community Member

why should i pay for the sellers mistakes not mine.if they want the goods back they can (a)send a postpaid label to stick on parcel or (b)have the goods collected by courier at their expense

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@spudsie 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If the seller is in the UK then if they don't refund return shipping you can often take them to the small claims court BUT if they are in China or Asia somewhere you don't have that option and only have the options Paypal state in their buyer protection policy.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.