selling. Chargeback PayPal is helping steal

dorothie2
New Community Member
so I sold a car to a guy online he comes over pays all the bill with PayPal I think everything is OK I trust PayPal it showed money in my account . He gets a title a bill of sale and then he disputes it with PayPal they allow it PayPal puts me on the back burner for 21 days then we won then he changed his dispute PayPal does it again 21 days we win then they allow it again now they assure us he can't do it again we will finally get our money for our car ...PayPal tells this guy to dispute it with his bank they literally helped this guy steal our car he has the title the bill of sale doesn't live in this state and PayPal made every excuse as to why I couldn't pull out my money they literally put hold on my account every time I won just so I couldn't get my money now they say it can take 180 days and if his bank says I'm **bleep** then PayPal gives his bank the money and me and my family are out a car and zero money .......thanks PayPal.......real classy I'm glad you save money by hiring everyone in India rather then here anything to **bleep** people over maybe thats why PayPal sided with this guy ...please what can I do is there anyone who can help please ....working class family just trying to do the right thing tired of being **bleep** by banks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dorothie2 

If you take the 10 minutes to actually read the section on seller protection in paypals user agreement you will see that.....

1. Paypal does not provide seller protection for motor vehicles.

2. Paypal does not provide seller protection for any items personally delivered or collected.

Secondly of course Paypal advised the buyer as the buyer is their customer the same as you are. As Paypal does not provide buyer protection either for motor vehicles or items personally delivered or collected then the buyers only option was to file via their bank or card issuer if they 'funded' their paypal payment that way.

If they did so then that was a chargeback and not a paypal dispute and the bank or card issuer makes all the decisions.

However you still have your legal rights to pursue private legal action against the buyer if that is an option in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.