seller refusing to cancel

Diray60
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I ordered wallpaper from Wonderwall Belfast 0n 1/9/19 got no acknowledgement of order, my messages where ignored. on 10/9/19 I cancelled order and  contacted Paypal ,within 5 minutes Wonderwall sent e-mail saying items on way so I repeated cancellation and escalated to dispute. despite all this they are still sending e-mails saying they will still deliver goods. anyone have any idea who to see/call. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Diray60 

You may have to do a return for a refund when the item arrives if the seller has shipped because the dispute is for Item Not Received so the seller is trying to fulfill the order. There is no cancelation dispute type which is a buyer's remorse reason and not covered under buyer protection. That is something that has to be worked out with the seller independent of PayPal generally and dependent upon seller customer service willingness to reverse the transaction and their competency.

So upon receipt of goods, call PayPal to change reason for dispute to Not As Described but the tricky thing is, as above regarding buyer's remorse, you may lose such case unless PayPal takes your request to cancel to begin with into account. Otherwise you must continue to try and resolve the return/refund with seller or file a dispute with your credit card issuer should you lose case, if you paid by credit card as their terms are broader than PayPal's.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Diray60 

You may have to do a return for a refund when the item arrives if the seller has shipped because the dispute is for Item Not Received so the seller is trying to fulfill the order. There is no cancelation dispute type which is a buyer's remorse reason and not covered under buyer protection. That is something that has to be worked out with the seller independent of PayPal generally and dependent upon seller customer service willingness to reverse the transaction and their competency.

So upon receipt of goods, call PayPal to change reason for dispute to Not As Described but the tricky thing is, as above regarding buyer's remorse, you may lose such case unless PayPal takes your request to cancel to begin with into account. Otherwise you must continue to try and resolve the return/refund with seller or file a dispute with your credit card issuer should you lose case, if you paid by credit card as their terms are broader than PayPal's.

Login to Me Too

Diray60
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, didn't use c card but hoping that seller promised 3-5 days it's now 10 Paypal should take that into account. thanks again,

Ray.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Diray60 

What did they promise in 3-5 days? Did they provide a tracking number? Beginning to sound like the seller is a drop shipper or there is some issue with inventory that's delaying the shipping of order and they are buying time, not bring honest with you on what the issue is. You can escalate to PayPal if you haven't already done so and PayPal will ask for a tracking number/proof of delivery. If goods were shipped, it could be a thing where they're waiting for delivery to be made and asking you to wait 3-5 days?

Login to Me Too

Diray60
Contributor
Contributor

They promised paper in 3-5 days but have now said didn't have enough in stock and after cancelling 3 times sending it out anyway.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.